Author Topic: Amazon Opening a 4 Star Store in NYC  (Read 1967 times)

ImaWriter

Amazon Opening a 4 Star Store in NYC
« on: September 27, 2018, 07:07:05 AM »
https://blog.aboutamazon.com/shopping/amazon-4-star

Tomorrow, we’re opening Amazon 4-star, a new physical store where everything for sale is rated 4 stars and above, is a top seller, or is new and trending on Amazon.com. The store is located in one of New York’s most vibrant neighborhoods—SoHo—on Spring Street between Crosby and Lafayette Streets.

We created Amazon 4-star to be a place where customers can discover products they will love. Amazon 4-star’s selection is a direct reflection of our customers—what they’re buying and what they’re loving.

We started with some of the most popular categories on Amazon.com including devices, consumer electronics, kitchen, home, toys, books, and games, and chose only the products that customers have rated 4 stars and above, or are top sellers, or are new and trending.

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet

WasAnn

Re: Amazon Opening a 4 Star Store in NYC
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 07:10:23 AM »
Well, if that's not a stimulus for all those review-buyers to find out a new way to buy reviews, I don't know what.

Science Fiction is my game.

ImaWriter

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 07:15:13 AM »
Well, if that's not a stimulus for all those review-buyers to find out a new way to buy reviews, I don't know what.

I was thinking about all the junk that's already rated at 4 or more stars. I hadn't given thought to how this would motivate those buying reviews.  :icon_eek:

idontknowyet

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 07:40:09 AM »
I wonder if they are going to stick to trad pub bestseller books to put in their store.  :shocked:

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 08:27:23 AM »
The most concerning thing is that they apparently didn't have enough 5-star products to stock the shelves.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 09:58:10 AM »
The most concerning thing is that they apparently didn't have enough 5-star products to stock the shelves.
No, I think that's a recognition of the fact that, as books go up in sales volume, their review average tends to slip a little. Books people have to dig to find sometimes have higher averages than books that get thousands of sales every day. The bigger a book's audience, the more of a chance people will pick up the book because it's a bestseller rather than something they'd normally read. A lot of the books on Amazon charts are closer to four-star than five-star for that reason.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 11:01:48 AM »
No, I think that's a recognition of the fact that, as books go up in sales volume, their review average tends to slip a little. Books people have to dig to find sometimes have higher averages than books that get thousands of sales every day. The bigger a book's audience, the more of a chance people will pick up the book because it's a bestseller rather than something they'd normally read. A lot of the books on Amazon charts are closer to four-star than five-star for that reason.

My guess is that there probably won't be a lot of books in the store.  Kindles, probably, but not a wide selection of books.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 03:28:53 PM »

Lol... I was thinking the exact same thing.  This move will crank the review shenanigans up to ludicrous speed.
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website