Author Topic: Google Play sales numbers  (Read 1237 times)

KelliWolfe

Google Play sales numbers
« on: April 24, 2021, 03:06:32 AM »
Anyone else seeing really weird changes in their numbers overnight?

Eric Thomson

Re: Google Play sales numbers
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 03:29:55 AM »
Define weird. My numbers are trending as they should at this point.

KelliWolfe

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 03:56:44 AM »
The sales in the moving 30 day window more than doubled overnight. I can't find anything in the sales stat details that would explain that big a jump.  For example, the US accounts for 63% of my sales and the UK for 16%, but those are only reported as being up 11% and 6% respectively, and the other geographies in the top 25 are all listed ad down. That's not remotely enough to account for the difference.

Lynn

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 06:46:09 AM »
I noticed something weird yesterday. I noted that the exact same books that had sold earlier in the month had sold again. Basically, each title doubled its sales. It was easy for me to note because I haven't published anything in a year and sales reflect that at the moment. I suspect a glitch.

The downloaded report does not show the doubling of the numbers.
Don't rush me.

KelliWolfe

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 07:34:45 AM »
I noticed something weird yesterday. I noted that the exact same books that had sold earlier in the month had sold again. Basically, each title doubled its sales. It was easy for me to note because I haven't published anything in a year and sales reflect that at the moment. I suspect a glitch.

The downloaded report does not show the doubling of the numbers.
Yeah, my sales graph for March is showing three times the number of sales as the earnings report. If I check the individual titles in the chart against the earnings report it's  exactly 3:1.  It's weird that the artifact doesn't show up in January or February, though. Oh, well. Goofy reports keep life interesting.