Author Topic: What TV series are you watching right now?  (Read 85602 times)

Anarchist

Re: What TV series are you watching right now?
« Reply #400 on: October 26, 2020, 03:11:11 AM »

Season 1...

Interesting, mostly due to worldbuilding. If you enjoy the cyberpunk genre, you'll like this from a bird's-eye view.

Acting: A couple actors do solid work. Most do forgettable work. A few do consistently cringe-worthy work.

Writing: Uneven. Some good episodes and some bad episodes.

Directing: Solid. A few great sequences surrounded by really good ones. Poor choices here and there, but that's to be expected when you're relying on a stable of directors (unlike, for example, season 1 of True Detective).

Visuals: great. Big budget put to good use.

Overall: 7

Season 2...

A dumpster fire.

Acting: with the exception of one character, sh*tty.

Writing: terrible. Bad enough to make you curse the writers.

Directing: also terrible. Storytelling sacrificed for cool-looking scenes (which aren't nearly as cool-looking as the directors probably imagined).

Visuals: ho-hum. Lower budget than season 1. But rather than leaning into the storytelling, they tried to dazzle and totally missed the landing.

Overall: 2 (only saving grace was one particular character's arc).

I've just started watching Season 1, having decided I need Netflix in my life (I really don't, but I'll tell myself that). I'm finding it interesting to compare it to the book - read a long, long time ago. A lot of the elements are there and some of the side-stories / side-characters are really well done (I love the hotel AI). Sounds like I might need a distraction to get me through season 2, though!

If by "distraction" you mean hallucinogenic drugs, they can only help with season 2. ;)

Reminds me of Wayward Pines. The first season followed Crouch's trilogy fairly well. Good source material. And the show boasted a good cast, including Matt Dillon. The writing was good. The directing was pretty good. Solid season overall.

Season 2 of Wayward Pines sh*t the bed. Not even Jason Patric could save it.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

Nothing that requires the labor of others is a basic human right.

I keep a stiff upper lip and shoot from the hip. - AC/DC

Simon Haynes

« Reply #401 on: October 26, 2020, 03:22:30 AM »
Watching The Halcyon on Prime. Posh hotel in London, WWII. If they left out the drippy stuff and just showed the Spitfires I'd be much more interested.

I don't mind drippy stuff except when everything is just so predictable.

The following users thanked this post: Anarchist

PJ Post

« Reply #402 on: October 26, 2020, 03:41:44 AM »

Season 1...

Was all around entertaining.

:tup3b

Season 2...yeah, dumpster fire about covers it. I bailed on episode 2 or 3. My main issue was with the MC's personality change - he was just so unlikeable. This happens a lot with television. In order to facilitate a cinematic moment, they compromise story and character and emotional arcs and, well, pretty much everything. Film today is increasing a series of these cinematic moments all strung together at the expense of logic and consistency. As a result, nothing is earned and they just fall flat.

I think season 1 of True Detective was as good as it was because it leaned so much into character, and then character merged with story. Every moment was earned, which gave them emotional weight.

It's like Hollywood has learned nothing from Marvel - cinematic moments are driven by earned character arcs not CGI stunts. This subject always reminds me of Han Solo's death. It should have been epic, but ended up as a meh. What a waste.

sliderule

« Reply #403 on: October 31, 2020, 09:12:06 PM »
Ready to settle in and watch The Mandalorian season 2.

Anarchist

« Reply #404 on: November 02, 2020, 10:25:06 AM »

Fantastic.

Wonderful storytelling. Wonderful directing. And a great cast (Regina King, always good, knocks it out of the park).

This limited series of nine episodes tells a different story than Moore's comic and Snyder's film. I love Alan Moore's work in comics; Watchmen was one of the best comic series I had ever read years ago. And while I'm not a huge Zack Snyder fan, I enjoyed his film Watchmen.

So I was leery about the TV series. I was not disappointed.

Side note: the series dives headfirst into racism. And it doesn't pull punches. I'm not black. If I were, this series may have offered a uniquely emotional viewing experience.

Well done, Damon Lindelof and Co. You've inspired me to watch The Leftovers again.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

Simon Haynes

« Reply #405 on: November 25, 2020, 12:00:50 AM »
Watching Midsomer Murders from the beginning. In each ep, someone is killed and then, while the cops dither about sort of investigating, about half a dozen more people are slaughtered in various crazy ways. (It's set in a number of English country villages.)  Last night's ep was an elderly woman who wouldn't stay off the roof and someone who was pronounced dead by hotel ashtray.

Best part of the show is waiting for each 'corpse' to blink, swallow, breathe, twitch etc.

"Lord Fancypants has been dead at least two days" intones the detective gravely.

Wait for it... wait for it... There, he moved!

Usually the reason for all the crimes seems to be hand-waved away as 'because insanity' and on we go to the next ep.

It's not meant to be funny, it just is.

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • "Sooner barbarity than boredom." - T. Gautier
    • R C Ducantlin - Writer of Stories
« Reply #406 on: November 25, 2020, 01:03:43 AM »
Netflix short series: The Queen's Gambit

Highly recommended.

Cheers,
R.C.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 02:32:19 AM by R. C. »

Maggie Ann

« Reply #407 on: November 25, 2020, 09:23:02 AM »
Watching Midsomer Murders from the beginning. In each ep, someone is killed and then, while the cops dither about sort of investigating, about half a dozen more people are slaughtered in various crazy ways. (It's set in a number of English country villages.)  Last night's ep was an elderly woman who wouldn't stay off the roof and someone who was pronounced dead by hotel ashtray.

Best part of the show is waiting for each 'corpse' to blink, swallow, breathe, twitch etc.

"Lord Fancypants has been dead at least two days" intones the detective gravely.

Wait for it... wait for it... There, he moved!

Usually the reason for all the crimes seems to be hand-waved away as 'because insanity' and on we go to the next ep.

It's not meant to be funny, it just is.

Don't forget the mysterious black gloved hand pushing aside the branches to give a better view through the windows in many episodes.

I probably watched it for 17 seasons.

The following users thanked this post: Simon Haynes

Luke Everhart

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Energizer bunny arrested: charged with battery. 😔
« Reply #408 on: November 30, 2020, 05:04:19 AM »
Utopia on Amazon Prime. It's a remake, a very poignant remake, of an older British show of the same name.

The show creator, and the writer for all 8 episodes of season 1, is Gillian Flynn (the author of Gone Girl).

John Cusack plays Bill Gates. He's not named Bill Gates; but, yeah, it's Bill Gates.

Starts off with some nerdy comic and convention stuff (non-nerds don't be deterred, it's brief), then jumps headfirst down the rabbit hole into nefarious plots and layered deceptions (vaccines, viruses, media manipulation, hitmen, sleeper agents, and more).

Definitely worth watching 👍
Urban Fantasy Author
Magic & Mirth meets Action & Attitude

The following users thanked this post: HyeonIn

HyeonIn

« Reply #409 on: December 04, 2020, 03:00:41 AM »
Utopia on Amazon Prime. It's a remake, a very poignant remake, of an older British show of the same name.

The show creator, and the writer for all 8 episodes of season 1, is Gillian Flynn (the author of Gone Girl).

John Cusack plays Bill Gates. He's not named Bill Gates; but, yeah, it's Bill Gates.

Starts off with some nerdy comic and convention stuff (non-nerds don't be deterred, it's brief), then jumps headfirst down the rabbit hole into nefarious plots and layered deceptions (vaccines, viruses, media manipulation, hitmen, sleeper agents, and more).

Definitely worth watching 👍
I saw this on Amazon Prime and thought it was just the original UK show, which I watched about ten years back and thought was excellent.

My wife didn't see the original, so maybe we'll give this a watch together!
I guess the remake is set in the US?

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #410 on: April 07, 2021, 01:29:10 PM »
Watching The X-Files.  Harder to watch now because I find myself recognizing actors from different shows, mainly Stargate: SG-1.  I think they were both filmed in Vancouver.  Kind of ruins the suspension of disbelief a bit.  The episode I'm watching right now . . .  Twenty minutes in and have already spotted three people from Stargate: SG-1.  Also possibly someone from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #411 on: April 07, 2021, 02:06:56 PM »
Watching The X-Files.  Harder to watch now because I find myself recognizing actors from different shows, mainly Stargate: SG-1.  I think they were both filmed in Vancouver.  Kind of ruins the suspension of disbelief a bit.  The episode I'm watching right now . . .  Twenty minutes in and have already spotted three people from Stargate: SG-1.  Also possibly someone from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Lots of recognizable people had guest appearances on that show.

Charles Nelson Reilly as author Jose Chung:

Also in that episode: Jesse Ventura and Alex Trebek as men in black.   :icon_rofl:

« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 02:10:46 PM by Jeff Tanyard »
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #412 on: April 07, 2021, 02:47:01 PM »
Lots of recognizable people had guest appearances on that show.

It was just to see so many in one episode.  If the CSM had made an appearance, it would have made four from Stargate: SG-1.  I think Bill Dow played two different characters in the same episode, so maybe that counts as four anyway.  Also, pretty sure it was Michelle Forbes from TNG in the episode.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."

Maggie Ann

« Reply #413 on: April 07, 2021, 11:40:02 PM »
Endeavor

In GB, it seems that everyone takes a turn on Midsomer Murders, New Tricks, The Doctors, Coronation Street, Doc Martin, etc. I think that's because they're not locked in to 26 episodes per season like in the US.

I get a kick out of recognizing the actors and remembering (helped by IMDB) where else I saw them.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #414 on: April 08, 2021, 02:57:09 AM »
In GB, it seems that everyone takes a turn on Midsomer Murders, New Tricks, The Doctors, Coronation Street, Doc Martin, etc. I think that's because they're not locked in to 26 episodes per season like in the US.

Many moons ago, the British programs I watched were Doctor Who, Monty Python's Flying Circus and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  Not much overlap there, though Peter Davison appeared in HHGG as a talking cow that wanted to be eaten and John Cleese was also in an episode of Doctor Who.  (And then there's Douglas Adams who was associated with all three, thought not necessarily on-screen.)

But, anyway, largely not recognizing actors meant it was a little easier to fall into the stories because then you just see the characters and aren't thinking about it being just actors in a role.

Plus, the lack of familiarity with British politics was helpful too for those occasions when a character is a politician.  Basically, anyone other than the Queen or Prime Minister is pretty much unrecognizable.  So, if you say this character is the whatever of whatever, it's like sure because you don't know any differently.  Makes the story feel more real.  Whereas watching American TV, and you have a character that's, say, the Senator from such and such, you're more likely to be like, wait, no, it's not.  And that can take you out of the story a bit.

Shows like Stargate: SG-1 avoided that by referencing the president but not by name, so you could imagine they were talking about Clinton or Bush instead of some fictional president.  And that made it seem more real that, you know, maybe there is a secret Stargate program in Cheyenne Mountain.  One that's not a janitorial closet.  Of course, then they had Senator Kinsey and later had a fictional president but they did balance it out a bit by having, for example, the actual (at the time) Air Force Chiefs of Staff appear.

PJ Post

« Reply #415 on: April 08, 2021, 03:04:24 AM »
I got through a few seasons of the X-Files recently, but neither Scully nor Mulder ever learned anything from their adventures. They both continued to act like it was the first show and the writers were still establishing the characters. It was okay for a bit, but Jesus - Scully can no longer be skeptical about anything once she's seen aliens and supernatural sh*t for a couple of years. Mulder can't do a 180 about the truth being out there when the truth has literally ruined multiple FBI suits at this point. It's just stupid. I think it was easier to ignore on a weekly show, but watching them back to back really spotlights the flaws.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #416 on: April 08, 2021, 03:15:41 AM »
I got through a few seasons of the X-Files recently, but neither Scully nor Mulder ever learned anything from their adventures. They both continued to act like it was the first show and the writers were still establishing the characters. It was okay for a bit, but Jesus - Scully can no longer be skeptical about anything once she's seen aliens and supernatural sh*t for a couple of years. Mulder can't do a 180 about the truth being out there when the truth has literally ruined multiple FBI suits at this point. It's just stupid. I think it was easier to ignore on a weekly show, but watching them back to back really spotlights the flaws.

That's highlighted in the episode with the genie.  Scully does an autopsy on an invisible man.  How can you deny such a thing when you performed the autopsy yourself on an invisible man?  Well . . .

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #417 on: April 08, 2021, 03:24:47 AM »

On those lines, I think that's where Stargate: SG-1 got stuff right.  I remember older shows where we humans had to battle some alien or other advanced threat and there was always some excuse why we never got our hands on more advanced technology.  We capture a ship, but then we have to blow it up for plot reasons.  Same with guns.  Maybe we get a laser blaster but, whoops, we dropped it down a ravine.  Whatever.  The end result of every episode was that we were back to square one technologically.  Even the Star Trek series fell into that routine sometimes.

But, on Stargate, they actually progressed.  Alien tech was studied, reverse engineered and all sorts of stuff.  We didn't stand still.  By the end of the series, we've got our own FTL capable ships and holograms and advanced weapons.  So, there was a sensible progression, and that included setbacks.  You don't get that with a lot of series.

The following users thanked this post: PJ Post

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #418 on: April 13, 2021, 12:04:06 PM »
Watching The X-Files again.  Did not remember that Scully's father was General Hammond.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #419 on: April 13, 2021, 11:15:40 PM »
Just finished Endevour and I'm re-watching New Tricks until I can find a new British detective show to watch. I tried Vera, but ten minutes in, her very high voice had me gnashing my teeth.

Eric Thomson

« Reply #420 on: April 13, 2021, 11:47:11 PM »
I've taken to watching almost exclusively non English language series in recent months. At the moment, I'm following the South Korean series Vincenzo and the Spanish series Bitter Daisies. And no, I neither speak Korean nor Spanish so it's all subtitles.

Lynn

« Reply #421 on: April 14, 2021, 12:22:34 AM »
Same here! Following Vincenzo with bated breath. :D Just finished Hello, Me and really enjoyed it. Thought Sweet Home was good until it lost me in the last couple of episodes.

I'm watching Signal at the moment. I always loved the movie version of Frequency and this is pretty much the same premise.
Don't rush me.

PJ Post

« Reply #422 on: April 14, 2021, 12:51:24 AM »

PJ Post

« Reply #423 on: October 01, 2021, 12:43:09 AM »
If you like entertaining suspense horror...
If you like top-notch screenplays...
If you like excellent craft...
If you have Netflix...

:tup3b :tup3b :tup3b

The following users thanked this post: LBL, Cindy303

Lynn

« Reply #424 on: October 01, 2021, 12:54:36 AM »
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho

Very sweet romance so far. Let's hope it ends like one. :)
Don't rush me.

Eric Thomson

« Reply #425 on: October 01, 2021, 01:13:47 AM »
Re-watching
Waiting for God
&
Yes, Minister

Maggie Ann

« Reply #426 on: October 01, 2021, 01:24:16 AM »
Bergerac with John Nettles (Midsomer Murders). Very young. Very thin.

Finished watching Arthur and George with Martin Clunes (Doc Martin) based on an actual incident from the life of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Also Law and Order UK. Disappointing because a few scenes in I recognized that the plot and characters were taken directly from the original L&O. They adapted it for Brit law and updated the science. They also changed the background, e.g., a golf club manufacturer became a paintball club. Other than that, I knew who the murderer was and the outcome of the trial. I stopped watching after nine episodes.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #427 on: October 01, 2021, 01:25:50 AM »
Re-watching
Waiting for God
&
Yes, Minister

Yes, Minister is fantastic. I'm going to have to rewatch it. Nigel Hawthorne?

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • "Sooner barbarity than boredom." - T. Gautier
    • R C Ducantlin - Writer of Stories
« Reply #428 on: October 01, 2021, 02:18:53 AM »
The Fall was entertaining.

Moved on to: The Line of Duty

Beginning series/season four.

R.C.

Matthew

« Reply #429 on: October 01, 2021, 08:41:17 AM »
I watched the first two eps of Foundation on Apple TV+. (It's annoying these streaming services are releasing one episode per week, but I digress.)

Trailer:

It's generally good for what it is. It feels like a reimagining of the novels, rather than really following them. Can't really say much without too many spoilers. I think some changes are necessary, but who knows if the series will actually turn out good. The books are more like a political intrigue, but the flaws of the books are generally: there's a lot of things told not shown, and things that are more or less impossible for the reader to guess. The TV show has a lot more action, including things that don't happen in the books, and generally rewriting some plot points to stir up drama.

The book series was recommended to me when I was looking to read for pleasure for the first time in my life after high school destroyed any interest I had in reading. I fell in love with it, since the scope was enormous and the stakes were humanity as a whole. It was my first experience with massive galactic conflicts, multiple civilizations fighting for dominance, political intrigue, and a complex plot that spanned multiple books. There are flaws, but it's still close to my heart.

It's been very fun to see how some of it plays on screen. The books already have some time jumps, but the TV show might make that worse. The TV show also seems to be weaving things into a new order... we see elements from the prequel, first book, and third book in the first episode of the show.

Eric Thomson

« Reply #430 on: October 01, 2021, 08:50:37 AM »
And tonight, I'm back to Season 6 of Line of Duty. Strong stuff. Gotta love BritBox. All the good shows in one spot.

The following users thanked this post: R. C.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #431 on: October 01, 2021, 09:13:53 AM »
The Fall was entertaining.

Moved on to: The Line of Duty

Beginning series/season four.

R.C.

The Line of Duty sounds good.

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #432 on: October 01, 2021, 09:14:09 AM »
Yes, Minister

I like that one, too.  Clever and funny.   :icon_mrgreen:
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

j tanner

« Reply #433 on: October 01, 2021, 10:05:41 AM »
(It's annoying these streaming services are releasing one episode per week, but I digress.)

I love it. There's only one shot for a show to do this. The weekly schedule gives time for an episode to resonate, to discuss with friends who are also watching live, to read episode reviews online, for everyone to be surprised at once, and for everyone to speculate together about what will happen next.

The full season drop kills all shared tension. It's that guy who binged everything the first day chuckling at everyone else's viewing speed.

And for those who don't like the weekly wait, just wait until anytime after the last episode airs and you've got the rest of forever to binge it at any speed you like. All it's done is shift when you start, where the full season drop takes away the alternative entirely.

At first I thought it was great, too, but I've grown to find it dilutes the experience of really good shows, and arguable hurts their chances of finding even greater success.

But I digress!  :hehe

Dusty

• Flash Fiction unlocked
  • Come in! Enjoy my personal space!
« Reply #434 on: October 01, 2021, 10:33:14 AM »

It's good for the lolz.

Lynn

« Reply #435 on: October 01, 2021, 04:50:02 PM »
Beyond Evil

Enjoying it so far. :)

Don't rush me.

PJ Post

« Reply #436 on: October 01, 2021, 10:54:09 PM »
I watched the first two eps of Foundation on Apple TV+...

I read in one review that: it was once thought that the Foundation series could never be adapted to the screen - and it still hasn't.

I'm looking forward to watching it just the same.

Anarchist

« Reply #437 on: October 02, 2021, 04:57:42 AM »
Finished this HBO series last night...

It's terrific. And Louis-Dreyfus is on fire throughout.

Warning: many characters are extremely vulgar.

The following users thanked this post: Cindy303

Eric Thomson

« Reply #438 on: October 02, 2021, 05:21:49 AM »

So it's a realistic reflection of politics and politicians, then?  grint

Anarchist

« Reply #439 on: October 02, 2021, 05:25:40 AM »

So it's a realistic reflection of politics and politicians, then?  grint

Collectively, they present the image I have of all politicians: vapid, vindictive, sociopathic narcissists.

And the series doesn't let voters off the hook. It subtly asks "What kind of assholes would vote for these assholes?"

The following users thanked this post: Cindy303, Dusty

Anarchist

« Reply #440 on: October 10, 2021, 03:26:38 PM »
Anthology series The Sinner...

Season 1

Solid writing, solid acting, good cinematography.

Verdict: 8 out of 10

Season 2

Reasonably good writing, good acting (Carrie Coon!), and great camera work.

Verdict: 6 out of 10

Season 3

Incompetent writing by every writer with the exception of showrunner Derek Simonds (and even he fumbles terribly with the finale). Bomer and Messina are both very good. Not sure what Pullman was go for, though. Good camera work, but even top-notch cinematography won't save atrocious scriptwriting.

Verdict: so bad it's actually mildly entertaining (sort of like watching The Room or The Brown Bunny)

* The series is on Netflix

Maggie Ann

« Reply #441 on: October 11, 2021, 12:55:44 AM »
Striking Out

Set in Dublin, Ireland. Starts off with a lawyer (solicitor) on the night of her hen party two weeks before the wedding, catching her man doing the dirty with a colleague. Pretty lame, but it sets the stage for a pretty good show.

Her personal life, family, clients, courtroom hearings and friends are all in the mix. Her best friend and mentor (Vincent) is a lawyer (barrister) heading up an inquiry for the government looking into construction fraud. That's the most interesting story arc throughout the series until it ends with the second series on a cliffhanger with obviously no intention of continuing with a third season.

Just like Kingdom (Stephen Fry). Third season ends with a crushing blow for Kingdom and BOOM, with no resolution, the series is cancelled.

Eric Thomson

« Reply #442 on: October 11, 2021, 01:39:05 AM »
DCI Banks.

Ever since we got BritBox, it's been nothing but good, entertaining British shows... Glorious. Just Glorious.

The following users thanked this post: Maggie Ann

alyson

« Reply #443 on: October 11, 2021, 11:42:34 AM »
Reruns of Survivor on Amazon. Interspersed with reruns of Brit shows like Poldark and Vanity Fair.

Just now saw Anarchist's remark about The Leftovers. Season 3 house/yard scenes were filmed one block from my little cottage.

Right where our cat Brutus lives. That's his territory, though he comes to us several times a day for food and cream and hugs. Such a love-bunny and the most misnamed cat ever. A last holdover from our active rescue days.

I keep meaning to get HBO long enough to see the show. I always wondered if Brutus made it into any of the scenes.

Lynn

« Reply #444 on: October 25, 2021, 04:37:48 AM »
The Veil (Korean, subtitles, on Viki)

I'm a couple of episodes from the end. I've really enjoyed it so far. Excellent spy action and the usual conspiracy plots. :)
Don't rush me.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #445 on: October 25, 2021, 07:03:38 AM »

Jericho

A little disappointed that there was only one season with four episodes. They were the usual full feature length episodes, but still I would have liked another season. The way they ended the final episode was exactly that. Final.

Eric Thomson

« Reply #446 on: October 25, 2021, 08:32:50 AM »
Unforgotten

A British cold case police series with the incomparable Nicola Walker, courtesy of BritBox.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #447 on: October 25, 2021, 09:53:58 AM »
Unforgotten

A British cold case police series with the incomparable Nicola Walker, courtesy of BritBox.

I like the way they combined several stories with one over all cold case. I had thought there were only three seasons but recently I discovered a fourth season. Just as good as the previous three.

PJ Post

« Reply #448 on: November 10, 2021, 10:50:42 PM »
Two new ones...

Showtime

I'm cautiously optimistic here...

Netflix

:tup3b :tup3b :tup3b

Steampunk animation with great writing and characters.

j tanner

« Reply #449 on: November 11, 2021, 01:56:01 AM »
ARCANE
Steampunk animation with great writing and characters.

Interesting. And they're testing a somewhat staggered release rather than dropping the full season at once. That says that they're pretty confident in this one and also that they're having second thoughts about whether their all-at-once release strategy is really the best thing for a show.