Administration > READ HERE FIRST >>>> About the Forum [Public]

Membergroups - Fig Leaf, Asteroid Belt, Black Lagoon, Zombies

(1/4) > >>

TimothyEllis:
The Special Access Membergroup Areas are:

Fig Leaf Required - This is the Erotica Discussion area. Also the steamy spicy end of Romance.

Here Be Zombies - This is where split off fragments of threads end up.

Asteroid Belt - This is the argument zone, and you need to have your space suit on to view and participate in any thread in this area.

Black Lagoon - Discussion about scammers, black hatters and authors behaving badly. To access you need to have your waders on.

To access these areas:

Go to the memberships area of your Forum Profile.
Under Membergroups, you will see those available to you listed.
Click on Join.
Re-display afterwards, and change the primary group to normal members. Failure to do this last part seems to lose half of the profile options.
Then save your profile setting.

These areas have been set up this way so people who are not interested in what is in them, wont see the posts at all.

To have an area set up this way, please contact me.

KSenniaV:
  If you're actually looking to bring erotica writers in, shunting them off to an invisible area where you also stick the naughty children who are being punished is really not a great way to make them feel welcome or respected. Just a thought.  :smilie_zauber:

They're also not that easy to find. I searched through everything then had to come back here and re-read the instructions. :D

But I do like that we can have erotic books in our signature. That's cool.

Demon_Lord:
The main reason to keep these areas private, specially the erotic one, it's not out of shame, but to avoid complains from the people who feel offended by certain topics, and mainly, to protect authors. Yes, there are details we might want to keep to ourselves, particularly, where there is a crisis of some sort.

My never humble two cents.

TimothyEllis:
In theory, not tested yet, having the areas as opt-in, keeps all their posts off the 'unread posts since last visit' list, ensuring people who dont want to see erotic posts, or arguments, don't actually see them.

Erotic is in a separate area from Off-topic. Its just there are no others with it yet. Working on it.

KSenniaV:
 As long as everyone else is happy. No worries.  :grouphug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version