Author Topic: Pre-order question  (Read 981 times)

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
Pre-order question
« on: January 19, 2020, 08:49:51 PM »
I searched for this an couldn't find anything about it.

I've got my next Cold Shivers Nightmare up for pre-order and I set a long date on it (August 1st). I'm already getting orders so that's good. The question I have is this, can I move the release date closer without screwing up my pre-orders? My intention was to leave myself plenty of time to get the book edited and get a cover for it, but was always planning to release earlier than the current posted date. I'd like to publish by the end of February or mid-March at the latest.

Can I release earlier without any negative repercussions?
I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: Pre-order question
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 09:34:54 PM »
Yes you can.

I released my last one trying this about 2 weeks earlier. Other than the minimum 3 days ahead, it worked fine.

My current one is for end of Feb, but intend it to be first week instead if at all possible.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

VanessaC

Re: Pre-order question
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 09:44:22 PM »
What Timothy said.

I've done this with the last few book - put a longer pre-order up, then released the book when it's ready. No complaints, and no issues at all so far. Everyone gets the book early.

I also tell my (very small) newsletter list what I'm doing.

Best of luck with the release.

Genre: Fantasy