Author Topic: Audiobook player - what do you use?  (Read 1246 times)

Leo

Audiobook player - what do you use?
« on: October 04, 2018, 11:05:33 AM »
Now that more and more authors are publishing their novels as audiobooks, what device do you use to listen to them?

I am thinking of getting a kindle that plays audiobooks, but I don't know which one to buy. Does anyone have a recommendation? What are the pros and cons?

Thanks in advance.
Post-apocalypse or epic fantasy anyone?
Or perhaps tarot and astrology are more up your alley?

RCoots

Re: Audiobook player - what do you use?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 11:07:18 AM »
I listen with Audible on my phone or Audible straight off the website if I'm at my desktop. Usually I'm doing the desktop version while I'm playing games, doing art, or working.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 11:41:27 AM »
Either my phone or one of my Echo devices. I use the phone when I'm walking the dog and the Echo when I'm doing housework. Not cooking. Too many background noises.

FridayRaccoon

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 01:59:37 PM »
I use my ipad and the audible app. I don’t have an audible subscription, but there is a rotated selection of audiobooks included in my prime membership. I think that KU has a lot of audiobooks too.

I also listen to the librivox app a lot. I love classics and they are all free. Grin

(for anyone who has prime, check out this link.. https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=16273563011 Amazon makes it so hard to find them, so I have that bookmarked now)

guest14

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 04:57:00 PM »
I have a product called 'Voice' on my Samsung (android) phone which I listen to my own books and non-audible books and also music.

I also have Audible on my system for the books I get there.

Then, I maintain a cloud back-up which has about 35 gigs on there presently in directory format. I organise my narrator to have access to a restricted area and he drops in the chapters and I listen to them in the cloud streamed to my phone. Very effective.