Author Topic: Long Covid Research  (Read 298 times)

APP

Long Covid Research
« on: February 23, 2024, 07:27:22 AM »
For those of you experiencing long covid or for those of you who know someone who is experiencing long covid, this article is good news—albeit I’m certain there will be at least a year or several years before they get any results. Still, it’s good news.

PolyBio announces $15 million in Long Covid research funding, new projects studying viral persistence
https://thesicktimes.org/2024/02/22/polybio-announces-15-million-in-long-covid-research-funding-new-projects-studying-viral-persistence/

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
Re: Long Covid Research
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 01:43:51 AM »
Considering that there really was no treatment until now, yes, this is definitely progress.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

She-la-te-da

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 11:44:28 AM »
Something needs to be done. Covid has basically killed my brain. I have found nothing that could even begin to help, and my memory is getting worse, not better. I also type much worse, it's slowed me down so much because going fast makes for 80% typos. And that's even if I can remember what the heck I'm trying to type.
I write various flavors of speculative fiction. This is my main pen name.

LilyBLily

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2024, 01:07:58 PM »
I'm still wearing a mask indoors in public places--often the only one doing so. But it was nice not to get a cold this winter, and sticking out like a sore thumb is not new for me.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024, 07:42:50 PM »
I'm still wearing a mask indoors in public places--often the only one doing so. But it was nice not to get a cold this winter, and sticking out like a sore thumb is not new for me.

I still do the same. I've not had any sort of cold or flu since Jan 2020.

I'm usually not the only one, but there's very few here still wearing masks. But enough that you always see someone.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

LilyBLily

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 01:05:04 PM »
The weird thing is how many of the few remaining people wearing masks aren't wearing good ones or aren't wearing their masks correctly. If it doesn't cover your nose, it isn't protecting you.

I do hope they figure out long Covid soon. It's quite the bogeyman.