Author Topic: Help! Google Chrome crashed (aw snap)  (Read 1207 times)

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • Just4kix Books
Help! Google Chrome crashed (aw snap)
« on: May 30, 2019, 04:55:05 AM »
A message popped up that I couldn't understand or remember and then I kept getting the 'aw snap - something happened and we can't open this page' when I tried to use chrome. I tried everything I could think of and even downloaded chrome again, but all it does is flash on and off. My tech guy spent and hour trying to sort it out and diagnosed a ram problem. He cleaned everything up and we cleaned the hard drive, but it still doesn't want to work.  :evil2: Is there some simple thing we have missed before we have to take some drastic action.
I am using explorer, but it's not the same and doesn't have all my passwords saved.
Thanks in advance.
ETA I'm using Windows 7
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 04:58:17 AM by Jan Hurst-Nicholson »

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Al Stevens

• Medium Novel unlocked
  • Coffee-drinking, insomniac binge writer
    • Al Stevens, Author, Musician
Re: Help! Google Chrome crashed (aw snap)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 10:44:07 AM »
I'm guessing here based on some symptoms I've seen here. First, see if you get the same behavior with Mozilla Firefox.

I have some Chrome problems that Mozilla Firefox also has and none of the other browsers have. Reinstalling the browsers doesn't fix it. That leads me to believe it's something wrong in the Windows 7 Registry, some setting that those two browsers share and that does not get reset in an uninstall/reinstall. I can live with the behavior here, but it sounds like you can't. See if your tech guy has Registry diagnostic tools that might help to find the problem or, at least, delete the settings that the browsers use so they can get reset when you reinstall.

The following users thanked this post: Jan Hurst-Nicholson

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • Just4kix Books
Re: Help! Google Chrome crashed (aw snap)
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 06:13:05 PM »
I'm guessing here based on some symptoms I've seen here. First, see if you get the same behavior with Mozilla Firefox.

I have some Chrome problems that Mozilla Firefox also has and none of the other browsers have. Reinstalling the browsers doesn't fix it. That leads me to believe it's something wrong in the Windows 7 Registry, some setting that those two browsers share and that does not get reset in an uninstall/reinstall. I can live with the behavior here, but it sounds like you can't. See if your tech guy has Registry diagnostic tools that might help to find the problem or, at least, delete the settings that the browsers use so they can get reset when you reinstall.

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website