Reader's Library > Book Promotion Board [Public]

Promotion Rules

(1/4) > >>

TimothyEllis:
Authors may create a promotion thread for their work. 1 thread per author name.

Authors can post anything new to it at any time.

Authors may boost their thread once a week, but preferably with a new Original Post Heading each time. (To keep from always seeing the same thing all the time.)

Author members promoting their own work should begin the thread subject with:
[Author Name] thread title. This tells the observer which are authors here advertising their own work, and all others will be someone advertising someone else. Comments welcome.

If you have multiple pen names, then one thread per pen name with [Pen name] on the heading.

Recurring group promos should have 1 thread, with the promo name in the []. 

Simon Haynes:
Just checking - I'm hoping you're restricting this to one topic per author, not per title? There's a situation on a certain other forum where an author/imprint will go into the promo section and bump about 15-20 books every week, filling the first page.

If they can all be merged into a single topic per author, that would be great.

TimothyEllis:

--- Quote from: SimonHaynes on September 17, 2018, 05:29:59 PM ---Just checking - I'm hoping you're restricting this to one topic per author, not per title? There's a situation on a certain other forum where an author/imprint will go into the promo section and bump about 15-20 books every week, filling the first page.

If they can all be merged into a single topic per author, that would be great.

--- End quote ---

ThumbsUp3

Yes, thats exactly what I'm saying, unless there a backlash and we decide something else. I found all those regularly bumped book posts extremely annoying.

So 1 thread per author. Each new book can be added whenever, but booting the thread should have a new title, and only be once a week. Older books should cycle weekly if no new books are added. Just means adding a post, and then modifying the first post subject.

If an author with a very large catalog wants to have series threads, it can be discussed. But I'm not inclined to allow a trilogy to have a series thread. Something over 6 books perhaps. Deal with it when it comes up, or people make their views known.

Simon Haynes:
I'd much prefer per-author.  New releases, specials, promos, etc should all be under the one name.

TimothyEllis:
Simon, I took the liberty of editing your title. Establishing a trend if you will, which might become a rule.

[Author Name] thread title. If the title changes, the [ ] part doesn't.

Part of the idea is to differentiate between author members posting about their own books, and anyone else posting about someone else's books. 

Just an idea for now. Maybe people can comment on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version