Author Topic: IngramSpark ARC copies  (Read 1381 times)

shimmering

IngramSpark ARC copies
« on: September 16, 2019, 04:37:31 AM »
Hi all,

I am planning to get ARC copies printed with IngramSpark before making the book available to buy. I think I am happy with how to set this up etc using the provided IngramSpark SKU.

What I am wondering is how to then (later) change the book to the production copy. Is there a way to change the SKU to an ISBN? (I already have ISBNs I can use. I am not worried about that.)

Or does it have to be done by starting a duplicate entry in IngramSpark and then adding the ISBN and uploading interior and exterior pdfs again? And if so, is it possible to remove the first entry with the SKU from the dashboard afterwards?

Many thanks. Hope this was the right subforum ....

123mlh

Re: IngramSpark ARC copies
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 11:06:51 AM »
When I set up my books in IngramSpark there were two approval options. One allowed only me to purchase the book, one put it into their catalog. I wanted to see proofs of the books before I put them up for sale so I chose the one where only I was allowed to purchase the book. After I received the proofs I changed the book over to where it was included in their catalog. No need for SKUs. It was all done under one listing with an assigned ISBN.

notthatamanda

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 11:40:52 AM »
When is the publish date? You can order books as the author (or maybe it's publisher?) before the publish date. 
When you order a book there is a checkbox for "order now" or "hold until release date". That may not be 100% the correct verbiage they give you but that is the gist of it.
They have a promo code STOCKUP right now, which gets you a discount, I think 5%?  I'm not sure if you can ship directly to your ARC readers or not, I didn't try.

shimmering

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 05:07:43 PM »
Thanks both, yes if I can get away without using an SKU then that would seem to be less hassle.

When is the publish date? You can order books as the author (or maybe it's publisher?) before the publish date.

I have not set a publish date. I imagine I would want to publish around End of Nov / Dec 1st. I did see in the dashboard set up there were two dates: publish date and sale date. Didn't really understand the difference between these two, but I remember I did get a warning message when I tried to set the publish date in the future ... and was afraid I would not be able to order copies myself.

Yes I am going to get these advance copies delivered to myself and then give/send them out to people myself.

notthatamanda

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 08:14:36 PM »
Okay, good luck, and thanks for letting us know it isn't required to set a publish date, that maybe helpful to me in the future.