Author Topic: Writer celebration thread  (Read 13547 times)

Jeff Tanyard

Re: Writer celebration thread
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2019, 04:25:34 PM »
Just released the last of my Highlander Bride series wide. Feels good to finally have another series out from under the Zon thumb and out in the wild. Already getting some sales. ;-) Best thing ever, gettin go out of KU.

Finished my Christmas story (barely in time) and just released the first part of my spy story. 

I got a lot done during the holidays! :catrun

Congrats to both of you.   :cheers
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2019, 08:45:52 AM »
Congrats, Lori. If you want your spy story featured at the Indie Crime Scene, let me know.

Thank you, Cora!  That would be great. :)

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

CoraBuhlert

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2019, 10:57:38 AM »
Congrats, Lori. If you want your spy story featured at the Indie Crime Scene, let me know.

Thank you, Cora!  That would be great. :)

Then send me the usual info (cover, blurb, buy links, excerpt).

Blog | Pegasus Pulp | Newsletter | Author Central | Twitter | Instagram
Genres: All of them, but mostly science fiction and mystery/crime

Maggie Ann

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2019, 01:10:12 PM »
I actually earned a bounty for one of my audiobooks. That was a very nice surprise.

Scrapper78

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2019, 01:47:09 AM »
For reasons I cannot comprehend, on December 28th my amazon sales went from 5-10 a day to 158. I have been selling 35-50 ebooks a day ever since. I can find no reason for this jump, and instead of petering off, the numbers have been climbing steadily for a week now. On track to do 75 today.

I am just really pleased with this, but I wish I knew what happened!

The following users thanked this post: munboy

RobertLCollins

• Short Story unlocked
  • I write science fiction & fantasy
    • One Kansas Author
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2019, 01:52:13 AM »
Finished the novel I've been working on for the past couple months yesterday. It came in at 115,000 words. This is my first novel to break 100K words, and the longest novel I've written. I'm taking today to get some publishing work done. I expect to start on the new project tomorrow.

The following users thanked this post: munboy

kingdavid757

• Tag Line unlocked
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2019, 04:29:08 AM »
Just released my second book this week. Historical fiction horror/thriller.  Im so excited. This is my second book, but the first one I feel I did most of the things I needed/wanted to do. Im very proud of it.  It's hard getting reviews but I have a few already and they are pretty good (don't want to link to anything here as Im just shouting and not trying to sneak in any promotion lol)
Genre: Fantasy, Thriller, Science Fiction

Author Central | Mailing List | Website

RappaDizzy

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2019, 06:09:48 AM »
Congratulations to everyone on their successes and progress to this point. :tup3b

Released book #4 in my Stopper series - Assassin.

Have to go - 37,000 words into my next one and brain needs more coffee.

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2019, 12:08:55 PM »
For reasons I cannot comprehend, on December 28th my amazon sales went from 5-10 a day to 158. I have been selling 35-50 ebooks a day ever since. I can find no reason for this jump, and instead of petering off, the numbers have been climbing steadily for a week now. On track to do 75 today.

Dang, man.  That's awesome.  Congratulations.   :cheers

CoraBuhlert

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2019, 12:19:25 PM »
That's awesome, Scrapper. Congratulations!

Eugene Lloyd MacRae, kingdavid and Robert L. Collins and everybody else who recently published a book that fits the genre parameters, i.e. it's either science fiction, fantasy or horror on the one hand or mystery, crime fiction or thriller on the other, is welcome to contact me for a new release spotlight at the Speculative Fiction Showcase or Indie Crime Scene. 

The following users thanked this post: RobertLCollins, Scrapper78

notthatamanda

« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2019, 12:56:52 PM »

Cool!  Congratulations.  Maybe some blogger mentioned you?

The following users thanked this post: Scrapper78

RappaDizzy

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2019, 01:17:19 PM »
That's awesome, Scrapper. Congratulations!

Eugene Lloyd MacRae, kingdavid and Robert L. Collins and everybody else who recently published a book that fits the genre parameters, i.e. it's either science fiction, fantasy or horror on the one hand or mystery, crime fiction or thriller on the other, is welcome to contact me for a new release spotlight at the Speculative Fiction Showcase or Indie Crime Scene.

Just sent something to you Cora. Thanks for the help you give to all of us.

The following users thanked this post: Scrapper78

RappaDizzy

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2019, 01:19:19 AM »
Only got up into the 80s in assassinations so far but always interesting when you can see yourself around authors you love to read: Stephen King, Barry Eisler, David Baldacci, Vince Flynn, Mark Greaney, Mark Dawson etc. :banana:

Will start dropping like a stone before long  - mine don't survive Amazon churn at this point  because I don't push the advertising  :shrug

ragdoll

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2019, 01:53:22 AM »
That's a definite win, Eugene!

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2019, 07:55:35 AM »
I Guess I Should Be Happy, or Blips vs. Minimalism

Just when I was beginning to appreciate the empty sales chart for its stark minimalism, someone went and bought one of my books.  So, yay!  And, also, ugh.

Now, I need three more sales today, then three tomorrow, then two the next day and then finally one on Saturday so I'll have a shark fin moving across my sales chart.

At least the page reads chart retains its stark minimalism.  :tup3b

*For clarification's sake, I am grateful for the sale.  Also, it occurs to me I should have a character named Claire Iffikashun in one of my books.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

CoraBuhlert

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2019, 12:20:20 PM »
Well, with Mari Kondo or whatever her name is cleaning up other people's homes, minimalism is apparently in. Though I also like the non-minimalism of a non-empty sales graph.  :tup3b

Meanwhile, I wrote three short stories this months, all for an upcoming collection of short crime fiction called The Culinary Assassin about an assassin who only kills people (all of them bad) in restaurants, after sampling the food.

Tagline: I came, I ate, I shot.

Joseph Malik

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2019, 01:37:26 PM »
Sold the audio rights for Dragon's Trail and The New Magic to Tantor.:dance:

Maggie Ann

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2019, 06:40:39 AM »
Well, with Mari Kondo or whatever her name is cleaning up other people's homes, minimalism is apparently in. Though I also like the non-minimalism of a non-empty sales graph.  :tup3b

Meanwhile, I wrote three short stories this months, all for an upcoming collection of short crime fiction called The Culinary Assassin about an assassin who only kills people (all of them bad) in restaurants, after sampling the food.

Tagline: I came, I ate, I shot.

Yes, but she folds tee shirts with the design inside and that's just wrong. The heck with minimalism!

I got accepted into my library's book fair the end of March. It will be my first one and probably my last, but I'm having fun planning the details. And I was worried about how the KDP paperbacks would look so I ordered one of each (we're only allowed three different books) and they are just fine. Whew!

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2019, 06:55:13 AM »
Yes, but she folds tee shirts with the design inside and that's just wrong. The heck with minimalism!

Well that's just crazy.  How can you be more organized if you have to unfold the shirt to see which one it is?

I mean, you don't want to wear a Star Wars t-shirt to a Star Trek convention unless you have a death wish.  :hehe
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

Maggie Ann

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2019, 12:20:52 PM »

Well that's just crazy.  How can you be more organized if you have to unfold the shirt to see which one it is?

I mean, you don't want to wear a Star Wars t-shirt to a Star Trek convention unless you have a death wish.  :hehe

You definitely get it and that is an outstanding example.  :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em

notthatamanda

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2019, 12:58:19 PM »

Congratulations!

The following users thanked this post: Joseph Malik

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2019, 01:59:06 PM »

Congratulations, man.   :cheers

By the way... how many books is the series going to be?

Joseph Malik

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2019, 02:23:59 PM »
Congratulations, man.   :cheers
By the way... how many books is the series going to be?

Five plus an eventual prequel.

That said, I've started a new series in the same world with different characters. I hope to have Book III of this series and Book I of the new series both out in 2020.

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Tanyard

VanessaC

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2019, 05:19:37 AM »
Just uploaded the final file for the fifth and last book in my first series - goes live on Saturday. Now I have the nervous wait for reader reaction! Oh, and on to the next project.  :icon_mrgreen:

Genre: Fantasy

RobertLCollins

• Short Story unlocked
  • I write science fiction & fantasy
    • One Kansas Author
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2019, 06:59:13 AM »
Yesterday I finished the novel I'd been working on since the year started. It ended up being 110K words. Whew! It's the second book in a trilogy. The first book was the one that came in at 115K words. I'm hoping that the third book will also end up over 100K. Today I've been editing future releases. I'll do that more tomorrow and Saturday. My plan is to start on book three Monday.

sandree

« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2019, 07:40:19 AM »
Congratulations, everyone!

I’m about a week into the sales of my first book and I have 17 sales and an AMS ad that got one click and one sale. Of course, I think I know almost everyone who bought a book but I am grateful! Oh, and two reviews. The second one by a PhD in a English lit who wrote an in depth treatise on my genre and the book. That was from a Goodreads review pool. The other reviewer reading it now is a retired physicist. Ack - where are the regular folks who just want to read as an escape?

The following users thanked this post: diisha392

Joseph Malik

« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2019, 01:23:32 PM »
I've been tapped to be a panelist at WorldCon 77 in Dublin.

I'll also be moderating a panel on "Indie SFF Success Stories" at Emerald City Comic Con in two weeks.

CoraBuhlert

« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2019, 03:51:10 PM »
Congrats. I filled out that panelist form for WorldCon 77, but I haven't heard back from them yet.

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2019, 07:13:57 AM »
I've been tapped to be a panelist at WorldCon 77 in Dublin.

I'll also be moderating a panel on "Indie SFF Success Stories" at Emerald City Comic Con in two weeks.

:cheers

diisha392

« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2019, 01:21:13 PM »
I got my first international sale! I was so surprised when I saw it :)

RappaDizzy

« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2019, 11:25:04 PM »
I got my first international sale! I was so surprised when I saw it :)
Congratulations! Many more to come.

The following users thanked this post: Joseph Malik, diisha392

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2019, 06:43:11 AM »
I just had what I'm pretty sure is my first paid sale in Amazon's India store.  I've had plenty of free downloads there, but I can't recall ever seeing any rupees in my reports.  Today, though, I had 69.34 rupees there from a sale of Caverns of Mercury.  I had to google the number to see how much that was in dollars.  (It's 99 cents.)

If you're reading this, India store purchaser, thanks for supporting my work, and I hope you enjoy the book.  :)

Lick Darsey

« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2019, 11:53:05 PM »
I'm really excited about how well my series Lick and the Invasion is performing. My book Lick and the Invasion: Books 1- 3 is the #1 new release in humorous science fiction.

I'm posting quickly because I don't think that will last very long. I'm even more surprised because I wouldn't expect to have an orange banner at the books current rank.

The first book in the series, Lick and the Invasion: The Beginning, hit number one in the humorous science fiction category for a while. That was a shock too!

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2019, 06:24:09 AM »
I'm really excited about how well my series Lick and the Invasion is performing. My book Lick and the Invasion: Books 1- 3 is the #1 new release in humorous science fiction.

I'm posting quickly because I don't think that will last very long. I'm even more surprised because I wouldn't expect to have an orange banner at the books current rank.

The first book in the series, Lick and the Invasion: The Beginning, hit number one in the humorous science fiction category for a while. That was a shock too!

Congratulations.   :cheers

Lick Darsey

« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2019, 06:35:16 AM »
Thanks, Jeff!

notthatamanda

« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2019, 07:43:49 AM »

Congratulations.  Enjoy your orange banner.

Lick Darsey

« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2019, 09:07:12 AM »
Thanks, notthatamanda!