Author Topic: New BookBub-related audiobook discount site: Chirp  (Read 1449 times)

David VanDyke

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Full-time hybrid author and curmudgeon
    • David VanDyke's Author Website
New BookBub-related audiobook discount site: Chirp
« on: August 15, 2019, 05:50:35 AM »
Just got this in my email:

Hi there,

To thank you for being a BookBub member, I want to invite you to be one of the first to access our new platform for audiobook deals, Chirp! Chirp offers audiobooks selected by the same BookBub editors you trust at up to 95% off.

I love listening to audiobooks on my daily commute, while cleaning up around the house, and even while exercising. With Chirp I can binge audiobooks and discover new authors without breaking the bank.

The best part is that there's no subscription fee or commitment, and new deals are added daily!

Start getting deals

Thanks again for your membership, and happy reading!

The link leads to a signup process, then here, where you can see the deals:

https://www.chirpbooks.com/deals

It appears Chirp is its own seller website, not related to Audible or Apple, where presumably non-exclusive "wide" audiobooks can be sold and discounted.

Given that BookBub is pushing it, it might be a game-changer for bringing down audiobook prices or offering discounted first-in-series closer to the ebook model. Not sure if this is a good thing or not for authors, but at least it opens up options.
Never listen to people with no skin in the game.

I'm a lucky guy. I find the harder I work, the luckier I am.

Those who prefer their English sloppy have only themselves to thank if the advertisement writer uses his mastery of the vocabulary and syntax to mislead their weak minds.

~ Dorothy L. Sayers

Maggie Ann

Re: New BookBub-related audiobook discount site: Chirp
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 06:20:09 AM »
I subscribed to Chirp a few months ago. Unfortunately, the playback would stop for no reason and might restart in five or ten minutes or an hour or not at all. I contacted support and they told me to download the audiobook. I did and it was better but still stopped for no reason. I contacted support again and they never got back to me.

It's a shame because the prices were good and they had some good audios on their list.

Simon Haynes

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 07:10:46 PM »
Thanks, I just joined their promo waitlist.

They seem pretty keen on people having their stuff on Findaway, but I'm with Authors' Republic. Still wide, though, so no biggie I guess.

Alice Sabo

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 02:25:52 AM »
I was surfing around looking for info on that last night and found a blog post about using it as an author. She posted a new audiobook for $0.99 and sold 417 (I think). It already had an established readership, so that probably affects the numbers.

Here's the link to one of her blogs.
https://mlouisalocke.com/2019/05/22/findawayvoices-and-chirp-are-we-entering-into-a-new-era-for-audiobook-sales-for-indies/

That seems like a great deal for a series. I have no idea how much it will cost. If it's run by Bookbob, I'm guessing a lot.
Fantasy, Post-Apocalyptic, Mystery and Space Opera Genre Hopper