Author Topic: Kdp conversion introduces spelling error  (Read 1275 times)

cecilia_writer

Kdp conversion introduces spelling error
« on: December 18, 2018, 05:28:10 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I haven't had it happen to me before. I've just uploaded a new book to Kdp, and during the file conversion process it flagged up one spelling error. I rushed to re-open my word file to check, and actually the error doesn't appear in the document at all, despite my cat having walked across the keyboard a couple of times while I was formatting.
I'm not sure if I can get rid of an error that isn't even there but do you think if I try re-uploading it will come out differently? The only thing I can think of doing is re-arranging the sentence, and I resent having to do that if Kdp is just playing games with me!
Thanks for any advice.
Cecilia Peartree - Woman of Mystery

Marti Talbott

Re: Kdp conversion introduces spelling error
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 09:46:37 AM »
I would reload it if it eases your mind. It doesn't hurt anything, and if it shows the same error, I would ignore it. If you can't find it, readers probably can't find it either.
Read The Swindler, a historical romance available at:
Amazon, Apple, Google Play, Kobo & Nook
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QG5K23

The following users thanked this post: cecilia_writer

cecilia_writer

Re: Kdp conversion introduces spelling error
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 05:15:35 AM »
On reflection I think what happened was that there was some sort of unprintable (and invisible) character in the Word file that just looked like a space between two words, and the conversion zapped it out and concatenated the two words into one that failed the spellcheck. You're right Marti that I should re-load it - I'll delete the two word string and re-type it first. Thanks.
Cecilia Peartree - Woman of Mystery