Author Topic: Sales are tanking?  (Read 15310 times)

Marti Talbott

Re: Sales are tanking?
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2019, 06:25:02 AM »
After suggesting it would be otherwise, my sales and KENP have been strong during this holiday.

I saw a headline earlier mentioning brick and mortar retail is having a poor season (20% down). Maybe more people this year are home shopping online.

Mine are starting to pick up again finally. Maybe the bots don't hate me personally after all.  grint
Read The Swindler, a historical romance available at:
Amazon, Apple, Google Play, Kobo & Nook
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QG5K23

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2019, 08:28:47 AM »
Well, I finally bit the bullet and signed up for Mark Dawson's Ads For Authors course. By the end of this year (next month) I shall have made around $350 for the entire year, which was more than the year before, which was more than the year before that. I told Honey Bunny I intend to tack two more digits on that number up there (and no, it won't be $350.00).

So, here's to planning to get through the course and have a bangin' 2020.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

Marti Talbott

« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2019, 08:40:26 AM »
Well, I finally bit the bullet and signed up for Mark Dawson's Ads For Authors course. By the end of this year (next month) I shall have made around $350 for the entire year, which was more than the year before, which was more than the year before that. I told Honey Bunny I intend to tack two more digits on that number up there (and no, it won't be $350.00).

So, here's to planning to get through the course and have a bangin' 2020.

Let us know if you find any pearls of wisdom that you don't already know. Best of luck to us all in 2020!
Read The Swindler, a historical romance available at:
Amazon, Apple, Google Play, Kobo & Nook
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QG5K23

notthatamanda

« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2019, 04:29:23 AM »
After suggesting it would be otherwise, my sales and KENP have been strong during this holiday.

I saw a headline earlier mentioning brick and mortar retail is having a poor season (20% down). Maybe more people this year are home shopping online.

Wednesday through Saturday my ad spend lost me money versus sales on those books.  I debated turning them off prior to the holiday, but decided not too.   Higher than usual downloads on my permafrees, which I haven't advertised since May (by advertising I mean Freebooksy type newsletters, not AMS).  Maybe people were willing to take a chance on a free book while traveling.