Author Topic: New KDP survey  (Read 2377 times)

David VanDyke

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Full-time hybrid author and curmudgeon
    • David VanDyke's Author Website
New KDP survey
« on: October 17, 2018, 03:28:20 AM »
KDP periodically sends out survey notices on how it's doing and asking for feedback. It looks like the survey has no individual identifiers or controls (I may be wrong, but I was able to finish it and immediately start another survey), so anyone should be able to use this link:

https://books.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9Y6DNURBufmPopv

I suggest that all interested authors take the survey and express your concerns about KDP, whatever they may be.

For me, I highlighted the problems with KU and suggested lowering the cap. If hundreds of survey respondents highlight the same concerns, it might nudge KDP to tweak the program to reduce the abuse.
Never listen to people with no skin in the game.

I'm a lucky guy. I find the harder I work, the luckier I am.

Those who prefer their English sloppy have only themselves to thank if the advertisement writer uses his mastery of the vocabulary and syntax to mislead their weak minds.

~ Dorothy L. Sayers

The following users thanked this post: Ghost5, Jo

EllieL

Re: New KDP survey
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 03:41:25 AM »
Gave it a go, let's see what happens.
Historical and contemporary romance

Signature Tool Alpha Test

writtenkitten

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 04:17:45 AM »
I got one. I focused more on AMS and how to engage potential readers.

lyndabelle

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 09:46:27 AM »
Thank you for this link. I just let them have it with my 2 cents. I've been so frustrated with the new erotica and erotic romance recategories and no ability to advertise them in the new Amazon Marketing, that it was nice to unload how the changes have affected my bottom line and I've pulled and gone wide. I demanded more support for erotic romance and erotica writers or I'll just stay wide. Making more money that way, and I was like, "So, what are you going to do about it?" I've been really upset the last few months. I've just watched my income drop from the changes, and going wide has helped. It's just taking a while to release my whole back catalog, but in the end, I will make more than being in KU.

:ws Thank God for the new WritersSanctum. With all the other implosions in self-publishing, it was easier to deal with KBs and all the other changes with this forum to vent.

Oh, and I get to put my covers back in my sig again.  :banana:

Mark Gardner

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 10:37:49 PM »
My complaints focused on the poor binding quality of POD. Createspace has greater than 50% rejection rate due to excessive glue or miscuts.

verysecretsquirrel

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 03:44:35 PM »
I've been so frustrated with the new erotica and erotic romance recategories and no ability to advertise them in the new Amazon Marketing, ... I've just watched my income drop from the changes, and going wide has helped.  ...
It might ease the frustration a little to know that you are not alone.  My amazon sales have taken a dive since those changes to erotica earlier this year.  And now I don't even get Also Boughts!

I completed the questionaire, I suppose it can't hurt.