Author Topic: Why is KDP Reports So Poorly Implemented?  (Read 2031 times)

Al Macy (aka TromboneAl)

Why is KDP Reports So Poorly Implemented?
« on: October 24, 2018, 08:22:27 AM »
Have you ever seen checkboxes to the right of the text, as they have it in KDP reports?

It would be so much clearer like this:

The change would be easy to implement.

Sorry for the rant.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 09:53:48 AM by Al Macy (aka TromboneAl) »

Al Macy | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter

A. N. Onymous

Re: Why is KDP Reports So Poorly Implemented?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 11:28:21 AM »
Really??? That is concerning you?  :hehe

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 01:59:46 PM »
Amazon could do better simply by copying D2D's reporting.  I love all the sorting options D2D provides.  And I really like the custom charts.
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

Morgan Cole

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 03:49:57 PM »
Hilarious.

You're not concerned about the fact that their reports are so bad that there's not one but 3 SAAS solutions that do nothing but scrape their web page and make the reports better? (For a ridiculous $10-20/month, at that.)

A question: Would it be a dick move to make an open source, free version of Bookreport? There's not much to those things.

Simon Haynes

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 04:00:57 PM »
I agree with the OP. It's lousy UI design to have them so close together.

Yes, I've seen checkboxes on the right though. That's my preference in all my software.

As for scraping and $10-$20/month ...  not to self-promote, but ... google SalesScanner spacejock

It's not open source but it is free to use. (Windows PC only, still haven't got around to a Mac version.)

The following users thanked this post: ImaWriter

guest215

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 08:54:36 PM »
Hilarious.

You're not concerned about the fact that their reports are so bad that there's not one but 3 SAAS solutions that do nothing but scrape their web page and make the reports better? (For a ridiculous $10-20/month, at that.)

A question: Would it be a dick move to make an open source, free version of Bookreport? There's not much to those things.

Far from it. IMO, it would be an altruistic act  I'll be looking again once my current subscription runs out.

Joe Vasicek

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 02:22:44 PM »
Personally, I would like to see the KDP reports use the same interface as D2D, where you can break things down by series, price point, pen name, etc. All reports should be more like D2D's reports.