Author Topic: 50+ words a day...no matter what!  (Read 308808 times)

notthatamanda

Re: 50+ words a day...no matter what!
« Reply #1500 on: May 05, 2020, 11:08:00 PM »
I want to continue on with my dictating, but I have to reread the 35 pages I wrote in January. So I printed them out but my printer didn't print them because I was out of ink. Good old Amazon. One day delivery. I'll get the ink tomorrow. Then I can print it and read it out loud as part of my speech therapy. Two birds with one stone but I would never throw a stone at a bird or any other animal.  :dog1:
Inkjet or laser? With the laser cartridge I can take it out, shake it up a bit and get some more pages out of it.

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton

Maggie Ann

« Reply #1501 on: May 06, 2020, 01:29:30 AM »
I want to continue on with my dictating, but I have to reread the 35 pages I wrote in January. So I printed them out but my printer didn't print them because I was out of ink. Good old Amazon. One day delivery. I'll get the ink tomorrow. Then I can print it and read it out loud as part of my speech therapy. Two birds with one stone but I would never throw a stone at a bird or any other animal.  :dog1:
Inkjet or laser? With the laser cartridge I can take it out, shake it up a bit and get some more pages out of it.

inkjet   :doh:

notthatamanda

« Reply #1502 on: May 06, 2020, 01:45:56 AM »
Drat, sorry. I will not work today either in solidarity if you want.
Joke, things are a mess over here today, if I don't screw up the potato bread it will be a big win. Not counting on it.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #1503 on: May 06, 2020, 04:18:15 AM »
Drat, sorry. I will not work today either in solidarity if you want.
Joke, things are a mess over here today, if I don't screw up the potato bread it will be a big win. Not counting on it.

no, no! Do not do that. At least you will be inspiring me with your wordage.

notthatamanda

« Reply #1504 on: May 06, 2020, 04:29:42 AM »
Sorry Maggie, today was a lost day. I was going to turn it around, then I had a bank problem to deal with. I think the potato bread might work. I may try to do some read aloud on the eight chapters I have written so far, an idea inspired by your dictation experience.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1505 on: May 07, 2020, 01:15:35 AM »
No words yesterday (had to go to town) but hoping to get a lot done today!  :dog1:

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

notthatamanda

« Reply #1506 on: May 07, 2020, 02:15:59 AM »
Good luck.  I wrote out half a chapter long hand. Have to lift now, then go to the supermarket, then hopefully I'll get it typed in. I did do read aloud on two chapters yesterday. Thanks for the inspiration Maggie, and hope your printer cartridge comes today.

ETA - 1404 words today.

I have to start thinking about a cover.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 06:49:25 AM by notthatamanda »

Maggie Ann

« Reply #1507 on: May 07, 2020, 11:26:09 AM »
Sorry Maggie, today was a lost day. I was going to turn it around, then I had a bank problem to deal with. I think the potato bread might work. I may try to do some read aloud on the eight chapters I have written so far, an idea inspired by your dictation experience.

I had a lost day to day too. I did get my ink cartridge delivered from Amazon and printed out the pages I have to review.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #1508 on: May 08, 2020, 05:23:09 AM »
I started reading what I had already written, and from the very first sentence, I knew it needed to be edited. I did nine pages so far and I hope to do more after dinner.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1509 on: May 08, 2020, 07:56:22 AM »
I almost finished a chapter last night.  With three kitties trying to "help" me it takes a little longer. LOL

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

Maggie Ann

« Reply #1510 on: May 08, 2020, 12:13:40 PM »
Edited another 14 1/2 pages, and more than halfway done. I might be able to finish tomorrow and then I will hope to have some wordage reported by the end of the weekend.

notthatamanda

« Reply #1511 on: May 09, 2020, 12:22:14 AM »
1097 today. Waffling on what the next chapter will be, but it is not a big deal, I will figure it out.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #1512 on: May 09, 2020, 11:37:18 PM »
1097 today. Waffling on what the next chapter will be, but it is not a big deal, I will figure it out.

I am waffling on about what my next sentence will be, but we always figure it out in the end.

notthatamanda

« Reply #1513 on: May 12, 2020, 04:13:35 AM »
1168 words. A good Monday, for writing. Weather is yucky.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1514 on: May 13, 2020, 02:17:04 AM »
I edited and added another chapter over the weekend.  Then, I decided to make box sets for two of my series and a trailer for this current story.

I keep thinking this fairytale is almost done, but I have no idea what's going to happen next.  I'm kind of making this one up as I go, but when I let my mom read it a few days ago she really liked it!  (And she'd tell me if she didn't.) LOL

notthatamanda

« Reply #1515 on: May 13, 2020, 04:35:27 AM »
Where can you see the trailer for the new one? I could use a fairy tale trailer today.  :)

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #1516 on: May 13, 2020, 06:38:30 AM »
I recently started the first draft of book 5 of Wheel of Fire.  I wrote about 800 or so words last night.  Not as much as I would like, but I've been out of the writing habit for various reasons, and I'm trying to ease back in.

I'm currently dropping some bombshell news on one of my characters.  Poor young woman... as if she doesn't have enough challenges already...   :icon_sad:
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

notthatamanda

« Reply #1517 on: May 13, 2020, 07:11:37 AM »
1157 words today. Tomorrow my characters get to move into their new home!

I know Jeff, do you feel bad? I could write about any of my characters forever but bad stuff has to happen or it's just boring and I feel bad for them.

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #1518 on: May 13, 2020, 08:03:02 AM »
I know Jeff, do you feel bad? I could write about any of my characters forever but bad stuff has to happen or it's just boring and I feel bad for them.

No, I don't feel bad.  I know how her story ends.    :ices_angel_g:
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1519 on: May 13, 2020, 11:33:31 AM »
Where can you see the trailer for the new one? I could use a fairy tale trailer today.  :)

https://lavenderlassbooks.com/fairytales/

notthatamanda

« Reply #1520 on: May 13, 2020, 08:44:09 PM »
I just watched it, that's so cool that you can do stuff like that. My kid is in intro to film making, taking Movie Making I next year, well maybe. Maybe I can get her to do some stuff like that for me. Ah, the first thing in the morning optimism.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #1521 on: May 13, 2020, 11:59:07 PM »

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1522 on: May 14, 2020, 01:16:16 AM »
Thank you, Amanda and Maggie Ann!  They're a lot of fun to make.  Lumen5 has a free version that has been updated, so now you can choose how long to make each segment and where you want to put the words on the image...as well as some other details. 

Amanda, I think your daughter might enjoy it.  I choose the music first, then an image or two...then the words.  There are free images and video included, but you might have to look around a bit and try different search words.  And it's really easier than it looks, once you get used to the program.

ETA:  This one is fairly basic with only four images, but it seems to be the most popular. And shorter seems to be better.  I try to stay at 30 to 45 seconds. :)

« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 01:30:34 AM by Lorri Moulton [Lavender Lass Books] »

notthatamanda

« Reply #1523 on: May 14, 2020, 01:59:03 AM »
Oh thank you! She might actually like that, not to help me out, but maybe to make BTS fangirl tributes. I emailed it to her so when she gets up, lets see, noon here, so in about five hours, I'll see what she thinks. Thanks again.

notthatamanda

« Reply #1524 on: May 15, 2020, 05:02:47 AM »
2133 words. Kid has her zoom dance lesson soon so I'll sit outside and edit what I wrote and try to finish the chapter longhand.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1525 on: May 15, 2020, 12:35:24 PM »
1100 words today.   :dog1:

The following users thanked this post: Maggie Ann

notthatamanda

« Reply #1526 on: May 16, 2020, 03:03:46 AM »
 :dog1: For your 1100 words Lorri.

I did 1288 today. I never did get back to writing yesterday but I did finish prepping for the berry plants I ordered and fenced in the veggie garden a little better.

Next chapter will be sad. :(
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 03:09:59 AM by notthatamanda »

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1527 on: May 16, 2020, 04:13:13 AM »
:dog1: For your 1100 words Lorri.

I did 1288 today. I never did get back to writing yesterday but I did finish prepping for the berry plants I ordered and fenced in the veggie garden a little better.

Next chapter will be sad. :(

Congrats on the garden and the words!
Sad is never easy.  :icon_cry:

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1528 on: May 17, 2020, 08:11:16 AM »
1200 words and I've given them something new and exciting to do...but I still have to figure out who the villain is if I want to end this story. LOL

notthatamanda

« Reply #1529 on: May 17, 2020, 10:08:33 PM »
1200 words and I've given them something new and exciting to do...but I still have to figure out who the villain is if I want to end this story. LOL
Just keep writing, the villain will reveal themselves. It's their character flaw, they can't help themselves. :)

notthatamanda

« Reply #1530 on: May 18, 2020, 12:42:27 AM »
1821 words. I am being a coward and putting off the sad to just a small hint of it at the end of the chapter. It will happen though. :(

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1531 on: May 18, 2020, 04:31:02 AM »
Almost 1100 words and still no villain, but I think I know who it will be.  Finally. LOL

notthatamanda

« Reply #1532 on: May 18, 2020, 04:55:54 AM »
Unless there is a shocking twist that surprises even you. That would make the book even more "unputdownable".

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1533 on: May 18, 2020, 01:00:11 PM »
I finished the story!!!  :smilie_zauber:

notthatamanda

« Reply #1534 on: May 18, 2020, 08:17:36 PM »
Who dunit?

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1535 on: May 18, 2020, 10:53:20 PM »
I can't say.  I don't want to ruin the surprise! LOL

It looks like it might take a while to get this published.  I thought it was because I had the story on my website as I was writing, so I called KDP...but they said they're just really backed up.  Hopefully, it will be up today, but it could be a week.  At least, it's finished!!!  :dog1:

notthatamanda

« Reply #1536 on: May 19, 2020, 04:07:47 AM »
I hope it happened in the conservatory. I really want a conservatory. I priced a kit for an 8 X 16 foot green house and extrapolated from there to the size I want. Not happening.

But I did 1095 words today. The sad has started but the MC hasn't grasped what is going on yet.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1537 on: May 19, 2020, 07:03:18 AM »
That would be nice.  Grin

No conservatory, but in one story we do have a sunporch!

(Photo courtesy of Pinterest)

notthatamanda

« Reply #1538 on: May 19, 2020, 07:31:06 AM »
Oh that's gorgeous. I want mine to have a glass roof as well. It's mostly a plant room though I would get a rattan love seat and write out there. Husband is not on board with the idea.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1539 on: May 19, 2020, 09:12:31 AM »
I think it's a great idea!  You need a space to create.  :angel:

notthatamanda

« Reply #1540 on: May 19, 2020, 10:05:31 AM »
I think it's a great idea!  You need a space to create.  :angel:
Hmmm, if no one else goes in there it really would be an office.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1541 on: May 20, 2020, 03:09:27 AM »
I just shared this on Facebook!

Photo courtesy of Louise's Pictures.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1542 on: May 20, 2020, 03:10:12 AM »
Fairytale published!  :smilie_zauber:

Now going back to Burrows Bay. We decided to add more to the story...including a Christmas novella.

notthatamanda

« Reply #1543 on: May 20, 2020, 04:14:33 AM »
Congratulations!

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1544 on: May 20, 2020, 04:48:13 AM »
Congratulations!

Thank you, Amanda!  This one was difficult because I was half way though, when all the crazy happened.  It took me a month to get back into the story...so I'm very happy it's finished.  :dog1:

notthatamanda

« Reply #1545 on: May 20, 2020, 06:05:02 AM »
You should be extra proud of it then.

notthatamanda

« Reply #1546 on: May 21, 2020, 06:00:57 AM »
979 words today. I'm going to sit outside and edit it and write a little more.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1547 on: May 25, 2020, 07:35:51 AM »
Doing research today.  Always fun finding out more about roses!

notthatamanda

« Reply #1548 on: May 25, 2020, 09:06:42 AM »
One of my characters photographed roses so my research was mostly limited to the rose gardens in London, but that was pretty fun. Check out David Austin roses if you want a huge variety of petal count and color.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #1549 on: May 25, 2020, 12:05:13 PM »
One of my characters photographed roses so my research was mostly limited to the rose gardens in London, but that was pretty fun. Check out David Austin roses if you want a huge variety of petal count and color.

That's what I was researching!  Specifically, the exact date Constance Spry was released.  David Austen roses are lovely.

Okay, that sounds a little odd.  The date the ROSE named for Constance Spry was released. LOL
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 12:20:07 PM by Lorri Moulton [Lavender Lass Books] »