Author Topic: The same old story about another erotic romance small publisher  (Read 925 times)

LilyBLily

The same old story about another erotic romance small publisher
« on: October 05, 2021, 10:30:38 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/03/business/romance-publishing-blushing-erotica.html

The usual sorry story: nonpayment of royalties, rights grabs, intimidation--all made possible by writers' desperation to be published by someone other than themselves, and thus be "real" authors. 

The following users thanked this post: She-la-te-da, dianapersaud

angela

• Short Novel unlocked
  • Indie publishing since 2011. Still kickin'.
Re: The same old story about another erotic romance small publisher
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 01:31:19 AM »
I hope that publisher gets a good... spanking.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

The following users thanked this post: Wonder

RPatton

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 09:31:04 AM »
Aw man, I saw Addison Cain's name flash in that article and almost laughed. Considering everything that happened with Cain/Blushing and the Omegaverse, I don't know how Cain couldn't be surprised that something shady was going on. (
Warning: So not safe for work and probably a lot more than you want to know about the Omegaverse, but it does have LegalEagle commenting and it's totally worth watching for his explanation and then bemusement at actually being part of the video.)

Like I said, after all went down the the Omegaverse saga, nothing about this article surprises me.

The following users thanked this post: Cindy303

Cindy303

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 11:00:11 AM »
That video is as hilarious as it is informative and the follow up is entertaining as well. AC showed her whole ass coming after the woman who made the video above and earned herself a second one.

RPatton

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 09:08:16 AM »
That video is as hilarious as it is informative and the follow up is entertaining as well. AC showed her whole ass coming after the woman who made the video above and earned herself a second one.

Yep, that video sucks me each and every time. And then I wonder if I can get that hour back and decide, no, I can't, but it was totally worth it.