Author Topic: Affordable Illustrator / graphic designer willing to create your book cover.  (Read 1653 times)

GFXJames

• Blurb unlocked
  • I'm an illustrator, graphic designer, comic artist
Hello,

I'm an illustrator, graphic artist and designer, counting on expertise in multiple profiles, experienced in other art related markets, and willing to create illustrated book covers (the below is a non-book covers specific portfolio ). My cost per illustrated cover (according to the needed specs, 300dpi, etc. I know well the deal with printing, and can follow whatever the AMS/Kindle specs) is 150 $, or 200 $ if requested wrap around instead of single cover, in both cases fonts & graphic design is included. This prices are for a version for print, or other outputs (we'd talk about what export specs you need, I can produce/prepare the files, whichever the specs are) If desired another arrangement, we could talk.

All usage rights to you (the person buying it), no limits. I don't claim for royalties, either. Also, the images will be unique, custom made, and only used for your book (my only use will be to show them (a reduced image) as my portfolio).

I can do illustration (main focus), graphic design/photo retouch, comics and 3D. And/or any combination of all that (3D stuff would make all more expensive).

Time frame to deliver, from agreement : Usually done in 3 weeks - 1 month each. Since the moment it is privately requested/agreed upon (PM or email).

(If petitions would significantly grow in number, I could be able, of course, to balance my other work load so to produce the covers much faster, in a week or so, as is technically possible. :) )

As perhaps can be noticed below, I am a board game artist/designer, having worked previously as a video game artist, and also as a general web/print graphic designer. This gives me a very wide background.  My initial formation comes from Fine Arts, and many years before, self taught oil painter, pencil artist and comics creator, creating art non stop for 40 of my 46 years.

Now starting as well works for self publishing writers. I would so much love to do art pieces for you. I count on a lot of flexibility in style and techniques. NDA contracts (or regular contracts, my only request is the everlasting right of showing my portfolio as reduced jpg samples,  as usual) can be signed, including/specifying all rights given to you, etc, if that would bring you peace of mind.  :)

Forum PMs or direct e-mail messages are very welcome.  :)

Edit: Just realized this forum has the really well implemented/fast feature of clicking to amplify the image. All below are in high detail, so feel free to click! It does not jump to another site.

Character card games. I though they'd give a vibe of one of my styles in digital painting :

Planets generated for the same game. These are not 3D made. Neither done from planets photographs (in one of them, a real cloud map, public domain, is used. The starry background is from one purchased image by the client). All generated from circular selections and lots of 2D edits and painting. Of course, is a collage for showing here: They never appeared all 3 together in an illustration.

Illustration for the back side of the cards for a board game.

Some designs-illustrations for a game.

Graphic card designs, plus the illustrations for it, quite more in a comic/ colored lineart style than the previous cards shown above.

In a less realistic style, comic/toon kind of pieces, some characters or character studies below.

Board game cover, strictly following a client determined composition.

3D works. The space ships over a transparent stand (all the other objects, including the stands, are modeled by me) are not modeled by me. Simply, were made by a previous artist in the project. My intention is to show the rendering, materials, etc, capability. I am including this field's images because it might be useful for covers like those made based on an object's (/s) close-shot photography. Might be also convenient as a service to other vendors, like providing custom made (upon request) 3D meshes for those vendors making video intros for writers. And/or, renderings, animations, textures...

Yet some more 2D made planets. :)

Cheers,

« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 09:54:09 AM by GFXJames »

The following users thanked this post: Leo, kingdavid757