Author Topic: Books2read links in Facebook ads  (Read 1556 times)

R.D. Smith

Books2read links in Facebook ads
« on: February 12, 2019, 09:48:14 PM »
Is anyone using a books2read link in FB ads? I ran a test ad using the universal link. My FB ad got clicks but based on the stats on the books2read site the links to the stories weren't getting any clicks. FB ads generally work well for me and result in sales. I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

Thanks!

LilyBLily

Re: Books2read links in Facebook ads
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 12:28:18 AM »
Did you use a Facebook pixel for the tracking?

R.D. Smith

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 12:55:28 AM »
Actually, not I didn't. I was just looking at the number of clicks on the FB ad and the stats on the books2read universal link dashboard.

LilyBLily

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 05:33:01 AM »
I just ran a split test FB ad and got 45 clicks on Books2Read but FB recorded 76 clicks. FB emailed me and said the winning ad got 45 clicks. So I am wondering where the clicks on the loser ad went and why Books2 Read apparently doesn't have them. I don't know if there's a lag in reporting. I used up a $30 credit FB had sent me, so the test cost nothing. Apparently, the ad produced 4 sales over the baseline for that title.

The credit makes up a little bit for the FB ads I ran over a month ago that cost $85 and produced only 1 sale. Those show only 7 Books2Read clicks, yet FB said the two ads had a combined total of 132 clicks. The ad copy and the cover art made it very clear what the book was about, so I guess there was more curiosity than actual interest. But maybe subject matter fans thought it was nonfiction at first. Although why a box set should be presumed to be fiction baffles me.

I finally added a FB pixel to my Books2Read, and confirmed with them that it was correct. But I have no idea where to find any data from it.