Author Topic: Survey from Scrivener  (Read 965 times)

antares

Survey from Scrivener
« on: October 18, 2020, 11:05:22 PM »
Yesterday in my email, got a survey from Scrivener. Who else got one?

I said I wanted to see Scrivener for Linux. Anyone else?

Any other survey items you want to discuss?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 04:44:13 PM by TimothyEllis »

elleoco

Re: Survey from Scrivener
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 05:06:48 AM »
If I got one, I deleted it without paying enough attention to remember it. Scrivener already does everything I need. Any additions are just so many features I'll never use, which has already happened with v. 3. For me version 3 on Mac only meant I spent a lot of time modifying the "modern" look to where it didn't annoy me.

I'd think asking for an updated Linux version is a waste of words. L&L is already getting enough hell over their late Windows version 3, and the Linux user base is much smaller.

Eric Thomson

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 05:56:25 AM »
Didn't get it, but if they should change one thing it's to turn off the thousands of hot-key combinations almost no one will ever use. The amount of times I get fumbled fingered and accidentally activate one of the hot keys by pressing two keys at once when I'm typing too fast and leaving me to wonder how I get back to where I was is beyond counting.
 :rant

The following users thanked this post: Rickie Blair, antares

feste

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 01:01:41 AM »
I got it; wow, is it thorough.  Since I use Windows, I was excited to see that there was a beta version of 3.0 for Windows--from, it turns out, 2017.  I did not snag a copy to try.

I know I don't use that many features:  I like shoving around the little cards on the corkboard for building my plots, and I've got the notes for the world-building.  And occasionally I've outlined a scene or written part of it.  Maybe if I had a bigger screen or a more potent computer (I like netbooks, which are light to carry), I'd use it for the actual writing, but since I prefer to write in plain text (old habit) and make the ebooks by hand (another old habit), maybe not.

I pointed out on the survey how much I appreciate that files are saved in .txt or .rtf, which I can use in just about any program and which I'll be able to read 30 years from now.