Author Topic: Does "Prime Reading" fly?  (Read 314 times)

Hopscotch

Does "Prime Reading" fly?
« on: November 11, 2023, 09:52:22 PM »
Looks to me that the Zon's Prime Reading marketing option ought to dupe first-book-free in a series for those of us who are not wide.  Giving it a try w/first book in a series that's gone moribund.  No per-page payment but can raise ranking and produce follow-on sales.  Anyone out there tried same and have experience to report?
. .

Fiction & pizza recipes @ stevenhardesty.com + nonfiction @ forgottenwarstories.com

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
Re: Does "Prime Reading" fly?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 12:05:44 AM »
That's now an option? It used to be that Amazon picked books and asked the authors if they wished the books to be enrolled for whatever the term was. "Marketing option" makes it sound as as we could enroll any book we wanted.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Hopscotch

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2023, 02:46:04 AM »
Appears that you apply and the Zon chooses who and when w/in a 90 day window.
. .

Fiction & pizza recipes @ stevenhardesty.com + nonfiction @ forgottenwarstories.com

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2023, 04:27:41 AM »
Interesting! It's been a while since I've heard anyone mention prime reading. References I can recall in the past suggested that it was by imitation from Amazon. But that was so long ago that I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the process has changed.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Crystal

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 05:00:28 AM »
I've not found Prime Reading to increase income in quite a few years.

At the start of the program, I did see increased sellthrough, but none of my recent PRs lead to notable increases.