Author Topic: Experienced Copy Editor and Proofreader--20% Discount  (Read 2023 times)

StephanieParent

• Tag Line unlocked
Experienced Copy Editor and Proofreader--20% Discount
« on: April 13, 2019, 06:34:20 AM »
Hi there! I'm a freelance copy editor and proofreader with over ten years of experience and a master's degree in Professional Writing from the University of Southern California. I would love to complete a free 5 to 10 page sample edit for any Writer Sanctum members. Please feel free to contact me at stephanie@polgarusstudio.com, and you can read more about my editing experience and style below.

Stephanie Parent
www.stephanieparentediting.blogspot.com

am a graduate of the Master of Professional Writing program at the University of Southern California, and I’ve worked as an editor, copy editor and proofreader for many publishing companies and individual clients over the past ten years. Companies I’ve worked for include Dorchester Publishing (former publisher of the popular Loveswept romances), Cobblestone Press, The Wild Rose Press, and many more! I specialize in copy editing and proofreading—I have an eye for detail and I love to make those sentences shine!—but I offer full manuscript critiques and substantive editing as well. I am also a writer myself, so I understand how important your words are to you and am very mindful of keeping the writer’s voice and intentions as my first priority.

I refer to the Chicago Manual of Style and Merriam-Webster Dictionary unless otherwise requested.

SERVICES AND RATES

Manuscript Critique/Substantive Editing
I will review your manuscript and offer editing suggestions in terms of plot, character development, organization, voice, clarity, consistency, considering your audience, and much more. I will tailor my comments to your specific needs and concerns, so my rate here really depends on what the author is looking for. The author and I will generally agree on a flat fee beforehand.

Copy Editing
I will use Microsoft Word Track Changes to edit the manuscript on a sentence level, focusing on grammar, punctuation, word choice, repetition, sentence structure, clarity, inconsistencies, and anything else I notice! I can also comment on larger issues such as structure and character development during a copy edit, as needed and/or as desired by the author. My rate for copy editing is 0.006 cents per word.

Proofreading
For proofreading, I provide all the same services as in a copy edit, with the understanding that the manuscript has already been through at least one round of edits and is in good shape. My rate for proofreading is 0.004 cents per word.

***I offer a 15% discount on every third manuscript edited as a special thank-you to my repeat customers.***
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 06:04:14 PM by StephanieParent »

StephanieParent

• Tag Line unlocked
Re: Experienced Copy Editor and Proofreader--20% Discount
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 06:06:07 PM »
I'm offering a 20% discount to any Writer Sanctum members who book editing or proofreading slots before the end of April!

--Stephanie Parent
www.stephanieparentediting.blogspot.com
stephanie@polgarusstudio.com

Janeal Falor

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 09:41:38 AM »
I recently used Stephanie's proofreading services, and she did a fantastic job! I'd previously had the work proofread and copy edited. Despite that, she caught a lot of mistakes. She was quick, thorough, and professional. Not only that, but she took a look at my book's description, finding errors in it that others previously missed. I highly recommend her, and look forward to using her again myself!

StephanieParent

• Tag Line unlocked
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 09:22:32 AM »
I'm extending my 20% discount for new clients who book before the end of May!

StephanieParent

• Tag Line unlocked
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 08:49:20 AM »
Hello lovely authors! I have a few more spaces for editing before the end of the year, and I'm offering a 20% discount to writers who mention this post! Please check out my website, www.stephanieparentediting.blogspot.com, and contact me at stephanie@polgarusstudio.com. I have a master's degree in Professional Writing and have been editing for over ten years, so your work will be in good hands! I also offer a free sample edit of up to 10 pages.

-Stephanie Parent, Freelance Editor
stephanie@polgarusstudio.com