Author Topic: Bookside Manner- Slot for January just opened! Book now!  (Read 1214 times)

Bookside_Manner

• Tag Line unlocked
Bookside Manner- Slot for January just opened! Book now!
« on: October 03, 2018, 02:22:00 AM »
My name is Kelly Cozy, and at Bookside Manner, I provide affordable proofreading, copyediting, and line editing services for all genres of fiction and for all manuscript lengths. Genres that I've edited include romance, mystery, science fiction (military, cyberpunk, postapocalyptic), fantasy (high, urban, steampunk), literary fiction, Christian fiction, and erotica.

My edits will follow Chicago Manual of Style (17th edition) unless you have another preference, and all edits will be made in Word's track changes feature, letting you accept or reject edits at your discretion.

Rates

Proofreading: $0.007/word ($70 for 10,000 words)
Copyediting: $0.009/word ($90 for 10,000 words)
Line editing: $0.015/word ($150 for 10,000 words)

If you'd like to see whether my editing style is a good match for you and your manuscript, contact me here at Writer Sanctum or send email to booksidemanner@gmail.com for a free sample edit.

About me

Before becoming a full-time freelance editor, I was an editor and writer for a variety of companies, including Kaiser Permanente, Dames & Moore Engineering, and Practice Builder Agency; I have more than two decades of experience as an editor. I also was the author of four self-published novels (one of which is now published by Kindle Press) and one nonfiction book; I've experienced the author-editor relationship from both sides, and you can rely on me not just to provide you with a keen eye for editorial details and good turnaround time but to ensure that your authorial voice stays intact.

I am a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA) and the American Copy Editors Society (ACES), have degrees in English (BA) and journalism (BJ) from the University of Missouri at Columbia, and have more than two decades of experience. But why not see what some of my clients have to say?

"The edit was exactly what I was looking for: sharp enough to cut away my mistakes and errors, but not so blunt as to take anything away from my story. The timeframe exceeded my expectations significantly. This has been one of the most pleasant surprises of working with Kelly." - Casey Calouette, Steel Storm, Hard Nova, and Cloak of War

"Kelly has edited over thirty of my works, and I've had nothing but great experiences with her. She is prompt, professional, and extremely reliable as an editor. I can always count on her high-quality editorial work, and she has a knack for picking up on plot issues that may otherwise have derailed a story. She's worth every penny as an editor, and I couldn't be happier with her services." - Kendra Claire, A Baby for Our Babysitter series

"I was very pleased with your level of editing; you went well above the level I would have expected for the price I paid. In particular, your feedback on overused words and phrases jolted me into reviewing key scenes, leading to a much better sense of vibrancy overall. Your editing and responses to follow-up questions was lightning quick. After looking around at other editors who suggested that they would take weeks to produce the same results, I was very impress when you nailed the time frame that you committed [to]." - Greg Pettit, Dream Job and The Nightmare Maker (The Dreamwalker Chronicles)

I look forward to hearing from you!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 02:04:43 AM by Bookside_Manner »

Bookside_Manner

• Tag Line unlocked
Re: Bookside Manner- Line editing, copyediting, proofreading - 10% discount!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 09:49:41 AM »
My loss is your gain! A client cancelled, and now I have an opening for January 14-31. It's available for proofreading, copyediting, or line editing for all genres of fiction. Message me or send email to booksidemanner@gmail.com to learn more.