Author Topic: Proofreading and copy editing  (Read 1086 times)

LDB

Proofreading and copy editing
« on: September 21, 2018, 12:14:07 AM »
I’ve been blessed, or cursed depending on viewpoint, with a virtual blue pencil embedded in my eye. It causes things to jump out at me as I read. The blessing is it has allowed me to work with many authors whose work I truly enjoy. I'm always looking forward to working with more authors whose work interests me. A few comments from authors I work with:

“Yowser. It’s amazing that a book that went through the production process at a New York house can have that much sloppiness. Good eye.” - Author Ben Rehder

“Beta readers followed by a professional editor and still Leo found errors.” - Author Margaret Lake

“I think your work is fantastic, Leo. At least five people, besides me, have been through these novels with the sole purpose of weeding out typos and dropped words, etc. These are people I trust and respect. The last one was a "professional" proof reader. You have a special gift for seeing the smallest things, almost as though you have a microscopic eye that nearly all of the rest of us lack. I often have to go through the sentences you've sent me more than once before I see the error. It's truly amazing, and I'm glad you reached out to me. You make the work better. I don't know what higher praise I could give you.” - Author Scott Pratt

“You found things that had escaped the eyes of at least a dozen people who read it for errors.” - Author Ben Rehder

“Great work. Sharp eye. Worth every penny.” - Author Ben Rehder

"Like the heroine following a trail of clues, you found every typo in the Sedona O'Hala series. I can't thank you enough!"  - Author Maria Schneider

“I highly recommend your work! :) You are welcome to use me as a referral anytime!” – Author Shanna Hatfield

"Thank you sooooo much! Your great sense of humor makes you a 'painless proofreader.' I grin and laugh when I read your corrections. – Author Mark Nolan

Leo Bricker
The Grammatical Eye (R)
When Every Word Matters (R)