Author Topic: Bringing your Kboards signature here issues.  (Read 6642 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Bringing your Kboards signature here issues.
« on: September 17, 2018, 09:47:05 PM »
You can copy your Kboards signature to here.

However there are a few issues:

A lot of the code is KB specific. You need to remove anything with a kboards . com address on it.

The new owners of KB recently changed all signatures to use their affiliate code. If you look at the code, you will see '/?tag=KB1-21' which is the affiliate code. I've also seen kb1-20. [Edit: They appear to have changed them again, so just look for the tag, and change whatever is there.]

You have 4 choices.

1. Leave it and have Kboards make money from clicks here.
2. Remove the quoted tag everywhere it appears.
3. Replace it with your own affiliate code.
4. Replace it with the affiliate code for this forum.

If you go option 4, copy the code to a text editor or word processor, replace all of the existing tag with cirofatl-20, which is my code, and copy the changed code into your profile.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 12:55:36 PM by TimothyEllis »
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Demon_Lord

• Novella unlocked
  • FYI I often modify my post to correct typos.
Re: Bringing your Kboards signature here issues.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 10:50:12 PM »
Good that you posted this, because there are a couple of people who had copied the code and pasted it with the Kboard id in it.

I tried to PM one of them, but that person is not allowing PMs.

I supposed that none of us want to give them more profit than they already got, right.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 04:23:47 AM »
On images, I noticed that here you have to specify the height and width otherwise the forum appears to change it to the actual size of the image.

On the other forum, I always just specified the height of an image and the forum scaled the image proportionately to the specified height.  Here it won't do that.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

The following users thanked this post: Mark Gardner, AtoZ

guest14

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 04:26:34 AM »
On images, I noticed that here you have to specify the height and width otherwise the forum appears to change it to the actual size of the image.

On the other forum, I always just specified the height of an image and the forum scaled the image proportionately to the specified height.  Here it won't do that.

I just copy/pasted mine from KBoards.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 04:35:19 AM »
I just copy/pasted mine from KBoards.

Me too.  Well, since I deleted my KB profile a long time ago, I copied and pasted from the text file wherein I had stored the code.  And I had only ever specified the image height, not the width.

If you specify height and width, it comes over just fine.  Or if your images happen to be the same height as the height you specify, it works fine.  It's only an issue (as far as I can tell) if you specify a height without specifying a width and the height specified does not match the image's actual height.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

The following users thanked this post: Mark Gardner, AtoZ

Authoress

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 06:33:28 AM »
My original question is now moot, as we're probably in different time zones across the pond, I decided to just try it & it worked.  grin

I changed my profile name over there earlier today & copied the code before deleting my covers.  :banana:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 06:56:48 AM by Authoress »

Pandorra

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 09:14:14 AM »
I did the same with copy/paste but now I can't get back to the profile to change it. Anyone else having the same issue?

Dean Rencraft | Authors in Motion

Ghost5

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 02:43:03 AM »

If you go option 4, copy the code to a text editor or word processor, replace all of the existing tag with cirofatl-20, which is my code, and copy the changed code into your profile.

Done. And now I have to say I feel like a goddamn programming genius. Which, admittedly, doesn't take much. LOL

R H Auslander

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 04:15:16 PM »
Being not terribly computer literate, a little head scratching was in order, but done now.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 05:22:53 PM »
Being not terribly computer literate, a little head scratching was in order, but done now.

Here, use this:  :icon_think:
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 04:06:06 AM »
I need a complete step-by-step guide. I don't want to do them all and then find they're incorrect :icon_rolleyes: . Do I put your code after the = sign?

ETA Yay  :banana: I seem to have done it. But I've had to murder two of my babies :icon_cry: . Why only 9 books?

« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 05:03:29 AM by Jan Hurst-Nicholson »

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Shannonwritesbooks

• Tag Line unlocked
    • Locker 17.com
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 06:44:43 AM »
I'm just replying here to see what a mess I made of my sig. Have new books that I need to add but wasn't sure I wanted to add them over there due to the whole TOS deal. Anyway here goes.

ebooklaunch

• Tag Line unlocked
    • Ebook Launch
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 07:07:27 AM »
First post! Checking to see if my signature works :)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 12:37:52 PM »
Why only 9 books?

More than that will wrap around into 2 lines, which people complained about back on KB. The more there are, the more this happens on smaller screens.

But its a number and can be changed. Suggestions can be made.  grint

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2020, 07:46:50 PM »
How do you delete your KBoards profile?  The fact I can't get anyone to answer over there is one of the reasons I want to leave.

You have to PM the admin direct.

But what a lot of us did was remove everything from our profiles, and then systematically delete any post with anything containing our own IP.

You can also change the name displayed, so it has nothing to do with you or your books.

The only thing you cant change is quotations.

I even went to the extent of deleting the images I'd used there from my own website, so all the remaining posts would get was a broken image symbol.

Ultimately though, to get a full delete, you have to get the admin to do it. If the admin is no longer there, all you can do is slash and burn.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2020, 12:04:01 AM »
That's the problem. The admin are apparently gone even though the system is still taking ad payments without posting the ads. I even sent a nasty PM to the owner hoping he'd kick me out, but so far zip.

I can't say that surprises me.

The company buys forums, covers them in ads, and then lets them rot. At some point, having an admin there is counter productive for them.

Slash and burn.