Author Topic: Separating books into a new series  (Read 829 times)

idontknowyet

Separating books into a new series
« on: September 08, 2021, 11:50:16 AM »
Can i do this easily?

I want to separate my three trilogies into separate series can i do that or will it mess everything up?

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: Separating books into a new series
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 12:28:40 PM »
Can i do this easily?

I want to separate my three trilogies into separate series can i do that or will it mess everything up?

The easy part is the metadata. You just set up the 2 extra series, and then add the books to them.

The main work is changing the covers, and editing the front matter of the books.

It's not inherently difficult though.

I had a trilogy which I wrongly thought was on it's own, then inserted it into the middle of another incomplete trilogy. There were no problems doing it. And the new series feature makes that part of it much simpler to control.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet

idontknowyet

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 01:48:52 PM »
cool thank you i didnt want to change anything then have amazon flip out

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 02:06:03 PM »
cool thank you i didnt want to change anything then have amazon flip out

They will only flip out if things don't match. As long as series meta = cover = front matter, they're cool with it.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet