Author Topic: [Simon Haynes] New Release in my humorous scifi series  (Read 3866 times)

Simon Haynes

[Simon Haynes] New Release in my humorous scifi series
« on: September 17, 2018, 05:52:29 PM »
First post for me in this section, and I just wanted to share the covers of the books I've written and published this year:

Also completed and published three novels under a pen-name, with another almost done.

Writing this one:

And then it's on to the next 10 novels, starting with:

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 03:39:40 PM by Simon Haynes »

The Doctor

Re: [Simon Haynes] Busy year
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 03:11:16 AM »
Nice covers! Your productivity puts mine to shame.

Good luck with the next six!

Genre: Weird Fiction | Science Fiction | Fantasy | Horror |
Gayle Ramage Website

Simon Haynes

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 05:06:33 AM »

Thanks! I do my own covers and I enjoy that bit as much as the writing. No, more than the writing ;-)

I have the covers done for my next 7 novels, but I like to get them ready and go look at them from time to time to inspire me. (And then I fiddle with them some more.)

guest14

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 05:08:34 AM »
but I like to get them ready and go look at them from time to time to inspire me.

There's nothing I like more than looking at all the covers of books I haven't yet written. I have quite a collection :D

Simon Haynes

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 02:16:32 PM »
but I like to get them ready and go look at them from time to time to inspire me.

There's nothing I like more than looking at all the covers of books I haven't yet written. I have quite a collection :D
Ohh yah.  Some of mine date back ten years, and they serve two purposes. 1. write this damn book, will you? and 2. See? You are getting better at cover design, however slowly that might be.

Simon Haynes

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 07:22:33 PM »
New release 2 days ago and of course I failed to mention it. (Trying to get the NEXT new release proofread, and the one after that plotted...)

Events are unfolding at a breakneck pace in the Old Kingdom!

Laugh as your favourite characters spit in the face of danger ... then run for the hills.
Admire the verbal jousting and witty wordplay ... or is it the other way round?
Gasp as kings and queens lose their heads.
'Enjoy' the groanworthy puns and suffer the slings and arrows of poorly-trained archers.

But wait, there's more ...
Prepare to be amazed as you learn exactly what Clunk's building in his makeshift workshop!

This novel is a sequel to A Portion of Dragon and Chips, which must be read first to maximise your enjoyment and my royalties.

Michelle Louring

• Novella unlocked
  • The owl is pure evil. Don't let him fool you.
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 07:25:45 PM »

Thanks! I do my own covers and I enjoy that bit as much as the writing. No, more than the writing ;-)

I have the covers done for my next 7 novels, but I like to get them ready and go look at them from time to time to inspire me. (And then I fiddle with them some more.)

I love the dragon covers! I was about to ask you who did them for you  grint

Crazy owl lady. I also occasionally write Fantasy books, but the owl is really all anyone cares about.

https://michellelouring.com/

Simon Haynes

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 07:53:52 PM »

I love the dragon covers! I was about to ask you who did them for you  grint

Thanks ;-)

I like the dragon on #1 and #3 best, this one's a bit less impressive. I was going to change it before release, but I'll get there.

By the way, this is the April 1st joke cover that kicked off the whole series:

Six months ago, that was the best I could do!

CoraBuhlert

Re: [Simon Haynes] New Release in my humorous fantasy series
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 10:58:16 AM »
Let me know if you want a new release spotlight for this at the Speculative Fiction Showcase. We're always happy to feature you.

Blog | Pegasus Pulp | Newsletter | Author Central | Twitter | Instagram
Genres: All of them, but mostly science fiction and mystery/crime

The following users thanked this post: Simon Haynes

rdperry57

Re: [Simon Haynes] New Release in my humorous fantasy series
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 07:46:42 AM »
Love the covers! I need to check these out!

Rick Perry | Rick Perry's Blog

The following users thanked this post: Simon Haynes

Simon Haynes

Re: [Simon Haynes] New Release in my humorous scifi series
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 08:55:30 PM »
Hal Spacejock 9: Max Damage has been released!

Hal and Clunk answer a distress call, and they discover a fellow pilot stranded deep inside an asteroid field. Clunk is busy at the controls, dodging incoming rocks, so Hal dons a spacesuit, takes the jetbike and sets off on a heroic rescue mission.

If he'd only known the trouble he was getting himself into, he wouldn't have bothered...

ketadiablo

• Tag Line unlocked
  • http://AuthorKetaDiablo.com
    • Author Keta Diablo
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 05:54:11 PM »
Ah! I was wondering if you do your own 'similar themed' covers as they're all so very clever!  Congratulations on your latest release, Max Damage, Simon!  :littleclap

Simon Haynes

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 08:59:26 PM »
Ah! I was wondering if you do your own 'similar themed' covers as they're all so very clever!  Congratulations on your latest release, Max Damage, Simon!  :littleclap

Thanks, and yes.  I use stock art and 3d models. Having the 3d model is great because I can pose it however I want and generate any number of series covers.

Simon Haynes

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 08:59:56 PM »
Of course, buying a 3d model costs about the same as 50 stock images, but still, it does give me a lot more freedom.