Author Topic: What the Heck Happened with the Reports?  (Read 451 times)

Post-Crisis D

What the Heck Happened with the Reports?
« on: December 16, 2022, 02:41:20 AM »
It's been a while since I've had a sale, so I haven't had anything to really look at in the sales reports.  But, today, I discovered I had a sale a couple months ago and downloaded the report.

The report does not indicate at all which book was sold.  Doesn't even have any headers or anything to indicate what column is what.

The only way I could get a report showing what book sold was by going under Old Reports and downloading it from there.

Since they say the old reports will be deprecated soon, and the new reports don't show what books actually sold, what the heck is the point of the new reports?  It only tells me royalties and not which books are making them?  I could price every book differently to try to distinguish, but that wouldn't help with page reads.

What the heck?  :icon_think:
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: What the Heck Happened with the Reports?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 02:45:00 AM »
Which spreadsheet were you looking at?

I still use Bookreport, so haven't looked at Amazon's reports in a long time.

If you point me to the one you're looking at, I'll have a look.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 02:54:45 AM »
Which spreadsheet were you looking at?

I go to my Dashboard in Amazon, then Reports.  Then I go to Prior Months' Royalties, choose a month and download the report.  That just gives me a spreadsheet with data and no headers and no book titles.

If I go to Reports (Old), then Prior Months' Royalties and generate a report (old or new) from there, I get book titles and headers and everything.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

cecilia_writer

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 04:17:10 AM »
The Month-to-Date tab in the new reports will show you how many of which book have been sold in the current month (if that's what you meant).
Cecilia Peartree - Woman of Mystery