Author Topic: Amazon scores a point.  (Read 1964 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Amazon scores a point.
« on: July 16, 2019, 12:37:29 AM »
Legend of Dreamwalker was up and live in just under an hour, and the email notification just arrived in 4.5 hours.

Amazon scores a point for fast work.

Now if only they could do that all the time?
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
Re: Amazon scores a point.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 12:42:56 AM »
It would be nice to think that Amazon is making an effort to do those new release email faster. Of course, it could just be a fluke.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 12:44:21 AM »
It would be nice to think that Amazon is making an effort to do those new release email faster. Of course, it could just be a fluke.

Not a new release email. It's the Your book is available in the store email.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 12:54:12 AM »

Not a new release email. It's the Your book is available in the store email.
Oh, I misread that. My availability emails usually come pretty fast, though. 4.5 hours is only a little faster than my norm. Still, I guess any improvement is better than no improvement.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 01:03:11 AM »
Oh, I misread that. My availability emails usually come pretty fast, though. 4.5 hours is only a little faster than my norm. Still, I guess any improvement is better than no improvement.

For me, the average is 9 to 10 hours before they tell me it's live, and I can access the book again if I need to.

David VanDyke

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Full-time hybrid author and curmudgeon
    • David VanDyke's Author Website
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 05:51:27 AM »
The last release notification from an author I follow came out in about 7 days. I'd be fine if they could do at least that well, consistently.
Never listen to people with no skin in the game.

I'm a lucky guy. I find the harder I work, the luckier I am.

Those who prefer their English sloppy have only themselves to thank if the advertisement writer uses his mastery of the vocabulary and syntax to mislead their weak minds.

~ Dorothy L. Sayers