Author Topic: Why does FB CPC rise when you don't change anything?  (Read 374 times)

The Bass Bagwhan

Why does FB CPC rise when you don't change anything?
« on: August 19, 2023, 10:28:43 AM »
I haven't changed anything on a successful FB ad over a period of eight months, but the CPC has slowly, steadily nearly doubled. Why does this happen? It's a very competitive genre, but it's always been that ... I can't imagine that factor increasing, it's already very high.

Is the trick to just create a new, similar ad and start again?

RBC

Re: Why does FB CPC rise when you don't change anything?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 11:36:23 PM »
Maybe you've exhausted the audience and it's shown to the same people over and over again. Thus raising the Frequency rate too.

Definitely consider making new ads, with new images, 8 months is a long time for the same ad.

Crystal

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 04:08:57 AM »
I'm a little concerned by this question. It seems you don't understand the mechanics of FB ads.

The ads continue to serve to the same audience. If you don't change the audience or the creative, the CPC and frequency will only continue to rise over time. Eventually, everyone exhausts their audience.

You may want to grab some PPC advertising 101 books or courses.

The following users thanked this post: Anarchist

The Bass Bagwhan

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 10:07:16 AM »
Thanks folks, this is something I couldn't quite get my head around, but you've made it simple. Time for a refresh. Cheers.