Author Topic: A simple ... sort of ... question about FB ads versus AMS ads  (Read 239 times)

The Bass Bagwhan

A simple ... sort of ... question about FB ads versus AMS ads
« on: November 06, 2023, 11:20:09 PM »
I'm running profitable FB ads that average 15-20 cents cpc on a $5 per day budget. My limited experience of AMS ads suggests this just isn't possible on AMS, right? You have to be bidding in excess of 50 cents cpc to even get a look in.
Am I right? I'm looking at AMS for books in a genre where FB Ads aren't working for me.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
Re: A simple ... sort of ... question about FB ads versus AMS ads
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 12:37:18 AM »
Based on my limited experience, AMS ads are very sensitive to budget size. Increasing budget increases sales (though not often in a way that actually leads to a positive ROI). People with really large budgets sometimes do claim a positive ROI.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

littleauthor

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 02:05:36 AM »
I'm currently running AMS ads to my least profitable, not-to-market books for a bid of .21 on a $5/day budget. It's not shock-and-awe advertising but my ROI is 300 percent. If you're not in a hurry to get the data, you could start low to experiment and raise your bid from there.
"Not working to her full potential."

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 03:14:12 AM »
Starting small and working up would be the way to do it. Otherwise, you risk losing a huge amount of money before figuring out what works best.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter