Author Topic: [Solved] Author Central Help needed  (Read 1502 times)

CoraBuhlert

[Solved] Author Central Help needed
« on: February 05, 2019, 11:37:53 AM »
I just published the first two books in a new sword and sorcery series. However, I'm passing them off as the long lost works of Richard Blakemore, a 1930s pulp fiction author, who is also the protagonist of my Silencer series, with myself as the "editor" who rediscovered them.

Because Richard Blakemore is listed as the author, I want him to have an Author Central page of his own. However, the usual way of creating an Author Central page for a pen name - claim book and click "This is me", when the pen name shows up - doesn't work here, because my regular name is also credited as the author of the introduction and editor, so once I claimed the book, it was added to my Cora Buhlert author page and I was never asked, whether I was Richard as well.

So how can I get an author page for Richard Blakemore? Do I need to contact Amazon support? Or is there another way? 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 12:50:29 PM by CoraBuhlert »

Blog | Pegasus Pulp | Newsletter | Author Central | Twitter | Instagram
Genres: All of them, but mostly science fiction and mystery/crime

Max

Re: Author Central Help needed
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 01:33:09 PM »

CoraBuhlert

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 03:25:14 PM »
That's what I tried, but it doesn't work, because I am listed as the author of the introduction along with the pen name, so Author Central just added the book to my page without prompting me to about the pen name.

Max

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 02:20:41 AM »
Perhaps contact AC?
Though what I'd probably do is open a new AC with a new email and manage it from there.

CoraBuhlert

Re: [Solved] Author Central Help needed
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 12:51:08 PM »
I contacted Author Central support and after two go-arounds, the problem is now solved.