Author Topic: Zon's KU Unlimited Sale Affecting Sales?  (Read 2822 times)

Shoe

Zon's KU Unlimited Sale Affecting Sales?
« on: June 11, 2019, 02:07:25 AM »
I was advised Zon began a new KU promotion for readers on June 7. On that day my physical sales began a decline (falling by a good 25% daily since). Anyone else noticed declining sales since then?
Martin Luther King: "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

Shoe

Re: Zon's KU Unlimited Sale Affecting Sales?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 06:22:28 AM »
Do none of you check your KDP dashboards?

Anyway... Several FB groups are responding and reporting that yes, Zon's latest round of KU promotion to the general public is affecting sales.
Martin Luther King: "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

PermaStudent

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 06:35:32 AM »
My sales appear unaffected. However, this does explain a nice bump in page reads starting on the 7th.
I write urban fantasy. There are girls in gowns and glowy hands on my covers.

notthatamanda

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 08:08:10 AM »
I can't say for sure either way.  I'm picking up on books 2 & 3 for my permafree that I had a Red Feather promo on last week.  Was there something extra enticing about this promotion for KU?

Shoe

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 08:46:16 AM »
Was there something extra enticing about this promotion for KU?

Not sure. Non-KU buyers, if hoping to buy a book in KU, are getting an interstitial sales pitch when they click "buy" to entice them into a KU membership.

David VanDyke

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Full-time hybrid author and curmudgeon
    • David VanDyke's Author Website
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 01:26:19 PM »
Mine seems unaffected.

Don't ever assume your experience is representative of others. It might be, or it might not.
Never listen to people with no skin in the game.

I'm a lucky guy. I find the harder I work, the luckier I am.

Those who prefer their English sloppy have only themselves to thank if the advertisement writer uses his mastery of the vocabulary and syntax to mislead their weak minds.

~ Dorothy L. Sayers

Shoe

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 02:32:16 PM »
Mine seems unaffected.

Don't ever assume your experience is representative of others. It might be, or it might not.

Which is precisely why I asked the question.

David VanDyke

• Long Novel unlocked
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 05:17:09 PM »
Mine seems unaffected.

Which is precisely why I asked the question.

For your original post, yes.

But for this:

"Do none of you check your KDP dashboards?

Anyway... Several FB groups are responding and reporting that yes, Zon's latest round of KU promotion to the general public is affecting sales."

This is not a question--you're looking for confirmation of an assumption that our experience should be similar to yours.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 05:20:02 PM by David VanDyke »

Those who prefer their English sloppy have only themselves to thank if the advertisement writer uses his mastery of the vocabulary and syntax to mislead their weak minds.

~ Dorothy L. Sayers

Shoe

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 12:29:36 AM »

For your original post, yes.

But for this:

"Do none of you check your KDP dashboards?

Anyway... Several FB groups are responding and reporting that yes, Zon's latest round of KU promotion to the general public is affecting sales."

This is not a question--you're looking for confirmation of an assumption that our experience should be similar to yours.

Nope. I was passing on news I'd received elsewhere in case anyone was interested.

David VanDyke

• Long Novel unlocked
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 06:44:59 AM »
"Don't you ever check your tone?"

"Don't you ever read what you yourself wrote?"

"Don't you understand how you come across?"

Any statement beginning with "Don't you ever..." is 1) begging the question and 2) starting from a position of arrogance and false moral superiority.

That's what I'm objecting to, and highlighting.

Additionally, it comes across as badgering, as it was posted less than 4 hours after your OP. Give people time to respond. Everyone has a different schedule of checking the forums.

~ Dorothy L. Sayers

Shoe

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 09:33:07 AM »
My tone was fine, but thanks for your concern.

CoraBuhlert

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 11:58:03 AM »
My sales were pretty bad in May, but have gone back to normal for June and have even gone up these past two days. So this sale is not affecting my sales so far, but then I'm not in KU.

Blog | Pegasus Pulp | Newsletter | Author Central | Twitter | Instagram
Genres: All of them, but mostly science fiction and mystery/crime