Author Topic: Copyediting and Proofreading - Affordable, thorough, careful  (Read 998 times)

The Prose Polisher

• Tag Line unlocked
    • The Prose Polisher
Copyediting and Proofreading - Affordable, thorough, careful
« on: September 28, 2018, 02:55:33 AM »
It is quite an achievement to complete a manuscript; it takes hard work, tenacity, and dedication. After all that effort, you want your book to be widely read and well-received. A carefully edited manuscript is an absolute necessity if you want to reach that goal.

My background includes an English degree from Boston College and decades of writing, editing, and proofreading numerous documents of all types. I'm a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association and American Copy Editors Society. As a freelancer, I concentrate on editing fiction, non-fiction, and memoirs. Most recently, I have edited for an award-winning author of historical fiction, an author of dystopian sci-fi novels, a first-time author of a family memoir, and an author of political thrillers. I particularly enjoy working with indie, self-published, and first-time authors. My authors receive careful, thorough copyediting and proofreading from someone with a firm but gentle hand.

Proofreading is appropriate for a manuscript that has gone through an editing process and requires only a final check for typos, spelling and grammar errors, and inconsistencies prior to submission for publication.  This involves a line-by-line careful reading, in addition to a Grammarly check. $.006/word or $6/1000 words.

Copyediting addresses word choice, clarity, tone, continuity, grammar, and other issues that could mar the overall effect of your work.  Two complete editing passes are included. $.009/word or $9/1000 words.

I offer a combination package of copyediting and proofreading.  $.012/word or $12/1000 words.

I use Word-Track Changes, Grammarly, the Chicago Manual of Style, and the latest edition of the Merriam Webster Collegiate Dictionary. I'm happy to do a 1000 word sample edit.

You can contact me through my website, www.theprosepolisher.com or at marie@theprosepolisher.com.

"I want to thank my wonderful editor, Marie Sheehy Grip. She was excellent at her skills, encouraging, and positive.  For me, she was the "Prose Polisher." - Jenice Graham Benedict, author of the soon-to-be-published In the Land of Cotton.

"I'd like to give thanks to . . . Marie Sheehy Grip for her careful reading and skillful edits." - Cindy Brandner, award-winning author of Bare Knuckle and the Exit Unicorns series.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 11:56:27 AM by The Prose Polisher »
“A man's grammar, like Caesar's wife, should not only be pure, but above suspicion of impurity.”
― Edgar Allan Poe