Author Topic: AMS > now paperbacks too?  (Read 1899 times)

Harald

AMS > now paperbacks too?
« on: October 10, 2018, 12:04:15 AM »
I've now tracked what sure look like paperback sales on my AMS dashboard (Sponsored Products). With the change from Amazon Marketing Services to just Amazon Advertising and the whole CreateSpace > KDP Print thing, are Kindle and PBK sales now BOTH included? Thoughts?

Harald

Re: AMS > now paperbacks too?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 12:08:32 AM »
STOP THE PRESSES: Just found this on the "Advertising for KDP Books" help page: * "Choose an ad type. You have two options for advertising your KDP books: Sponsored Products and Product Display Ads. You can create Sponsored Products ads for your eBooks and paperbacks. Only eBooks are supported for Product Display ads."

Guess that answers my question. Now have to adjust my results tracking, e.g., harder to figure out unit sales with two different price points. Also may need to rethink bidding strategy with PBKs in the mix. Thoughts?

The following users thanked this post: SCapsuto

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 01:16:34 AM »
Paperbacks have been available for a while now. Probably ever since KDP Print started.

The following users thanked this post: Harald

Harald

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 02:16:43 AM »
Paperbacks have been available for a while now. Probably ever since KDP Print started.

Thanks. And I guess I need to stop calling it "AMS" now, huh. It's now Amazon Advertising ("AA").

The Doctor

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 03:12:07 AM »
I didn't know we could do AMS/AA/IDK ads for paperbacks. I've already got two UK ads running, but I might create US ads for the paperbacks.

Genre: Weird Fiction | Science Fiction | Fantasy | Horror |
Gayle Ramage Website

Maggie Ann

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 04:34:00 AM »
Can we do ads for paperbacks separately? I think the new system heavily favors KU books and I would like to try for paperback only if that's possible.

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 06:34:43 AM »
You can only do paperbacks separately.

The following users thanked this post: Maggie Ann