Author Topic: Make Your Fellow Board Members Smile Thread  (Read 33768 times)

Mammasan

Re: Make Your Fellow Board Members Smile Thread
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2019, 07:07:06 AM »
 Grin

Captain Cranky

« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2019, 09:32:49 AM »
If you dare nothing, then when the day is over nothing is all you will have gained. -Neil Gaiman

The following users thanked this post: MelanieMRodriguez

Anarchist

« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2019, 03:50:42 AM »

"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

Nothing that requires the labor of others is a basic human right.

I keep a stiff upper lip and shoot from the hip. - AC/DC

Anarchist

« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2019, 01:20:16 AM »

"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

The following users thanked this post: VisitasKeat

Mammasan

« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2019, 02:29:43 AM »
 Grin

Anarchist

« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2019, 01:00:15 AM »

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2019, 06:00:17 AM »

The cat's grumpy because he can't decide who to murder first, the dog or the human.   :icon_mrgreen:
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

The following users thanked this post: Anarchist

Tom Wood

« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2019, 11:26:58 PM »

Happy Pi Day!  :cheers

The following users thanked this post: Post-Crisis D

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2019, 06:12:27 AM »
Happy Pi Day!  :cheers

I made a Pi Day blog post for anyone who's interested.   :nerd:

Captain Cranky

« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2019, 03:24:22 PM »
I remember reading this years ago, I always thought it was hilariously accurate!

The Dog’s Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!

1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!

7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat’s Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a “good little hunter” I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of “allergies.” I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...
If you dare nothing, then when the day is over nothing is all you will have gained. -Neil Gaiman

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Tanyard, Anarchist, dgcasey, Rosie Scott, Laughing Elephant, Tom Wood

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2019, 06:15:01 PM »
I remember that one, too, Captain.  It never gets old.   :icon_rofl:

The following users thanked this post: Captain Cranky

Vijaya

« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2019, 05:27:28 AM »
And still I'm a cat person, lol. My poor dog doesn't even know it.

Author of over 100 books and magazine pieces, primarily for children
Vijaya Bodach | Personal Blog | Bodach Books

Anarchist

« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2019, 09:04:06 AM »

Mammasan

« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2019, 09:24:25 AM »
And still I'm a cat person, lol. My poor dog doesn't even know it.

Don't move to Connecticut. They wanna tax cats!

https://kicks1055.com/get-ready-connecticut-the-cat-tax-could-be-coming-soon/

Anarchist

« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2019, 01:29:16 PM »

Anarchist

« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2019, 05:42:17 AM »

Captain Cranky

« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2019, 10:02:07 AM »

The following users thanked this post: Anarchist, MelanieMRodriguez

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
  • Following my characters. Wherever they take me.

Captain Cranky

« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2019, 03:33:12 PM »

Mammasan

« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2019, 04:55:15 AM »
 Grin

okey dokey

« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2019, 05:37:04 AM »
My preacher friend passed away a few years ago
He liked to recall his days as a young pastor in a small North Carolina town.
Late one night there was a loud knocking on his front door.
It was a young soldier with his young girlfriend.
"Preacher," the soldier said, "I've just got my orders to ship out tomorrow. Will you marry me and my girl tonight?"
But Preacher Justin shook his head.
"I can't do that," he said. "You need a marriage license and then a blood test. This is Friday night and the courthouse will be closed Satuday and Sunday. And it will be the middle of next week before you get the blood test results."
The girl grabbed the soldier's hand. Tears welled up in her eyes.
The soldier turned back to my friend.
"Well Preacher, could you say enough words over us to get us through the night?"

Anarchist

« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2019, 04:58:13 AM »

The following users thanked this post: Captain Cranky, Rosie Scott

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2019, 03:28:43 PM »
Grin

Wow! I remember that sign. That DQ is here in Las Vegas, though a few things have changed since this photo was taken. The DQ is now a tea shop and the Sav-On Drugs is now a CVS.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

Mammasan

« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2019, 12:38:46 AM »
Guess the sign didn't really work!

Captain Cranky

« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2019, 02:58:44 PM »

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2019, 07:10:22 AM »
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Tanyard

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2019, 08:40:59 AM »
Well, I want a baby panda now.   :heart:

In the meantime, here's a modern Major-General.   :icon_mrgreen:

Marti Talbott

Read The Swindler, a historical romance available at:
Amazon, Apple, Google Play, Kobo & Nook
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QG5K23

Anarchist

« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2019, 09:11:26 AM »

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2019, 09:52:48 PM »

Captain Cranky

« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2019, 01:04:00 PM »

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Tanyard, Anarchist

Anarchist

« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2019, 10:36:15 AM »

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2019, 06:05:44 PM »
I found a new title to read.

I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

Anarchist

« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2019, 12:31:59 PM »

The following users thanked this post: Captain Cranky, MelanieMRodriguez, Rosie Scott

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2019, 02:50:28 PM »
The Avengers: Endgame I hope they show.

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2019, 03:23:08 AM »
 :icon_rofl: Pink fun at THE DEAD DOG HOTEL!  :icon_rofl:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RzriJpYiGjw

okey dokey

« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2019, 04:29:01 AM »
My preacher friend explained that way back when they were translating the Bible into the King James version that paper was hand-made and very expansive. So part of the Creation story was edited.
He said this the real story of the Garden of Eden.

God was taking a much needed rest after six days of very hard work. But then Adam walked up.
"Sorry to bother you God. I've got a problem."
God was perplexed. "I thought I made you nice place in the Garden of Eden."

Adam agreed that the Garden was beautiful and comfortable. There was a nice river for swimming, plenty of tasty fruit, even an apple tree.

He sighed. "But God, I'm very lonely there. I need someone to share life with me. Could you make me a help-mate?"

God scratched his head. "You're right," God said. "You shouldn't have to live alone. I can make you a woman. She'll be perfect in every way. She'll bear your children. But she won't ask you to change the diapers. She'll take care of the 3 am feedings. She'll be perfect.
The woman will do all the house cleaning and dish washing with a smile on her face. Why, she won't fuss even if you stay out all night.
She'll be perfect."

Adam smiled from ear to ear. "That's great, God. Thank you.

God held up his hand. "But it's going to be lot of work and trouble to make a perfect woman. So it's going to cost you."

"That's only fair," Adam agreed. "After all, she'll be perfect. So what will it cost me?'
"An arm and a leg."
Adam was taken aback. "I know it'll take a lot of work for a perfect woman. But an arm and a leg? Wow!'

Adam started to walk away, but turned back.
"God? What could I get for, say, just a rib?"

The following users thanked this post: R H Auslander

Tom Wood

« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2019, 08:30:56 AM »
If you've never seen the movie The Emperor's New Groove, you are missing a treat. If you have, the extracted dialogue for Yzma at IMDB is fun to revisit:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120917/characters/nm0457755

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2019, 05:37:22 AM »

The following users thanked this post: Post-Crisis D

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2019, 05:54:54 AM »

The scenes come from Buffalo Rider (1978).  If the comments on the YouTube video are correct, the cougar scene was unscripted but the cameraman kept filming anyway.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2019, 06:01:52 AM »

This song even mentions reading.

Also, for those that remember the original video coming out, the girl is 36 years old now.

The following users thanked this post: Rosie Scott

Anarchist

« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2019, 03:55:43 PM »

I'm all for allowing business owners to discriminate. Their house, their rules.

But this "gender surcharge" seems like a bad business decision. lol

The following users thanked this post: Rosie Scott

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2019, 02:56:33 PM »
This question keeps popping up on Quora:

Why didn't the Nazis use the channel tunnel to invade Britain?

:dizzy :shrug :hehe

100+ answers.

https://www.quora.com/Why-didnt-the-Nazis-use-the-channel-tunnel-to-invade-Britain
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Mammasan

« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2019, 04:02:00 AM »
Three syringes were found inside the inmate’s rectum. Not mine, he said.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article224069680.html

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2019, 06:07:21 AM »
Three syringes were found inside the inmate’s rectum. Not mine, he said.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article224069680.html

Florida Man always delivers the lulz.   :icon_mrgreen:

Florida Woman isn't quite as prolific, but she sometimes delivers, too:

Florida Woman Pulls Alligator out of Pants During Traffic Stop

Anarchist

« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2019, 02:46:41 PM »

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2019, 05:08:06 PM »
Will I become a bestselling author someday?

Captain Cranky

« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2019, 05:49:12 PM »

Laughing Elephant

« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2019, 01:29:36 AM »

On my usual Sunday stroll, I saw something unusual:

On a public verge banked high, circles of daffodils bowing down to swaying tulips - nothing but buttercups and daisies are the usual sights for this particular area.

It made me smile.

Of course, I'm thinking fairies decided to create some new homes for their elders because the human shops are closer and everyone knows fairies love shopping even more than the Kardashians. *.*

grint

Anarchist

« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2019, 03:52:25 AM »
If this doesn't make you smile, you may be dead inside...