Author Topic: Make Your Fellow Board Members Smile Thread  (Read 33768 times)

Anarchist

Re: Make Your Fellow Board Members Smile Thread
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2018, 12:03:26 AM »
What's really funny is that we've fought our way to the top of the food chain only to have a bunch of people telling us we need to become vegetarians.  I'm gonna have a steak and taters dinner tonight just to show my disagreement with them. 

Grin

I'm cool with vegetarians and vegans promoting their way of eating. But I see a lot of posts by militant vegans. The kind who claim it's okay to murder a man who's going to slaughter a cow for food.

Scary.

But I'm going to console myself over breakfast with one of these (I'm 100% carnivore):

"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

Nothing that requires the labor of others is a basic human right.

I keep a stiff upper lip and shoot from the hip. - AC/DC

spin52

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2018, 01:49:50 AM »
What's really funny is that we've fought our way to the top of the food chain only to have a bunch of people telling us we need to become vegetarians.  I'm gonna have a steak and taters dinner tonight just to show my disagreement with them. 

Grin

I'm cool with vegetarians and vegans promoting their way of eating. But I see a lot of posts by militant vegans. The kind who claim it's okay to murder a man who's going to slaughter a cow for food.

Scary.

But I'm going to console myself over breakfast with one of these (I'm 100% carnivore):

There's just been publicity in the UK about vegans who harassed customers buying turkeys for Christmas, claiming the turkeys really wanted to live. My grandmother raised turkeys in the 1920s and said they were the stupidest birds in existence. When it rained, if they weren't brought under cover, they'd stand with their beaks open and drown. Does a bird like that really worry about its possible fate?

Traditional mysteries with a dash of humor -- no cats, no cupcakes, no covens.

Anarchist

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2018, 03:16:10 AM »
There's just been publicity in the UK about vegans who harassed customers buying turkeys for Christmas, claiming the turkeys really wanted to live. My grandmother raised turkeys in the 1920s and said they were the stupidest birds in existence. When it rained, if they weren't brought under cover, they'd stand with their beaks open and drown. Does a bird like that really worry about its possible fate?

I read about the recent hubbub in the UK. It's surreal.

On a lighter note...

"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

The following users thanked this post: Captain Cranky

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
  • Following my characters. Wherever they take me.
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2018, 11:24:05 PM »
You will be genuinely happy when you free your mind and dance like a vagabond gypsy! Season's greetings, fellow travelers! :cheers :band: :lalala :banana: :dance:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xiEgSgHM8cc

Mammasan

« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2018, 09:49:28 AM »
A soldier's homecoming.

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2018, 07:07:02 AM »
The Life of a Writer (we should start a new thread just with Snoopy)

I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2018, 07:15:04 AM »
And one more.

I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

Anarchist

« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2018, 12:14:49 PM »

Mammasan

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2018, 12:33:14 PM »
Everyone's a critic.

Anarchist

« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2018, 01:30:55 PM »
It's hard to see the dog treats that land right on your forehead.

Mammasan

« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2018, 02:31:10 PM »
A cliffhanger "ending!"

(Only kidding. She made it, just got a little dusty.)

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2018, 08:55:56 PM »

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2018, 08:58:56 PM »

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Mammasan

« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2019, 12:52:35 AM »
!

Mammasan

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2019, 04:33:39 PM »
A puppy picture for Dan.

Anarchist

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2019, 06:40:46 AM »

Tom Wood

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2019, 07:09:23 AM »

Anarchist

« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2019, 04:08:52 PM »

Captain Cranky

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2019, 04:44:03 PM »
:-)
If you dare nothing, then when the day is over nothing is all you will have gained. -Neil Gaiman

The following users thanked this post: Anarchist, Laughing Elephant

Mammasan

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2019, 04:17:36 PM »
Police have discovered the culprit behind the current Polar Vortex.

Anarchist

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2019, 10:18:50 AM »

The following users thanked this post: MelanieMRodriguez

Mammasan

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2019, 07:38:31 AM »
 :hehe

Anarchist

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2019, 04:01:40 AM »

Captain Cranky

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2019, 07:33:43 PM »

Hahahaha I'll never look at almond milk the same way again! I'm also finding myself wondering now where nut butter comes from  :icon_eek:

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 07:48:53 PM by Captain Cranky »
If you dare nothing, then when the day is over nothing is all you will have gained. -Neil Gaiman

The following users thanked this post: Anarchist, Laughing Elephant

Mammasan

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2019, 09:06:07 AM »
 :catrun

Captain Cranky

« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2019, 11:18:24 AM »

The following users thanked this post: Laughing Elephant

Tom Wood

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2019, 07:41:13 AM »

Mark Gardner

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2019, 11:09:32 AM »
I got a new bed for the dogs:

Al Stevens

• Medium Novel unlocked
  • Coffee-drinking, insomniac binge writer
    • Al Stevens, Author, Musician
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2019, 09:07:29 PM »
The publisher rejected my autobiography. That's the story of my life.

The following users thanked this post: Post-Crisis D, Mark Gardner, Laughing Elephant

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2019, 03:13:25 AM »
The publisher rejected my autobiography.

Same here.  I self-publish.  :icon_think:
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

The following users thanked this post: Mark Gardner

Maggie Ann

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2019, 03:36:32 AM »
The publisher rejected my autobiography. That's the story of my life.

:icon_rofl:

Mammasan

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2019, 12:44:03 PM »

Al Stevens

• Medium Novel unlocked
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2019, 08:30:00 AM »
Last night, Judy thought I was getting amorous in bed, groping her. I was looking for the remote.

Anarchist

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2019, 08:12:18 AM »

The following users thanked this post: Laughing Elephant

Laughing Elephant

« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2019, 12:35:08 PM »
Climate Sandwiches:

Morning - snow drops from the heavens.

Afternoon - snowdrops reach up from the earth.

Perhaps the gods fancied a human sandwich
or maybe I stumbled upon a Supernatural set.

:ices_angel_g:

Al Stevens

• Medium Novel unlocked
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2019, 01:47:14 PM »
I've always had as an objective the ability to type as fast as I can think, which I believe would help me become a more prolific writer. I am here to announce that in my declining years, I have finally realized that goal. Only I still can't type very fast.

The following users thanked this post: EC Sheedy

Captain Cranky

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2019, 04:29:22 PM »

The following users thanked this post: Anarchist

Mammasan

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2019, 10:29:52 PM »
     :n2Str17: 

Anarchist

« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2019, 03:22:00 AM »
Ain't nothing funny about this. But if you enjoy steak, you may still smile.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2019, 03:25:11 AM »
Are you an adult?

Are you unsexy?

Good news!  There's a wallet just for you!

https://www.amazon.com/Donalworld-Unsexy-adult-Orange-Leather-Wallet/dp/B00JYZ77UI/
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2019, 04:45:48 AM »
Are you an adult?

Are you unsexy?

Good news!  There's a wallet just for you!

https://www.amazon.com/Donalworld-Unsexy-adult-Orange-Leather-Wallet/dp/B00JYZ77UI/

I. Must. Not. Click. Buy. Button! (I'm breaking out in a cold sweat here. That wallet is so "Me." Unsexy-adult indeed!

catowned

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2019, 07:23:59 AM »
That wallet is zipless and free of ulterior motives. How can it not be sexy?

Captain Cranky

« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2019, 07:35:15 AM »

Maggie Ann

« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2019, 12:45:14 AM »
Got this in an email entitle Adult Truths.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.

(Ladies ... Quit Laughing! )

Anarchist

« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2019, 09:04:41 AM »

The following users thanked this post: MelanieMRodriguez

Mammasan

« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2019, 11:45:55 AM »
 :catrun     

Captain Cranky

« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2019, 10:28:20 PM »

Mammasan

« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2019, 02:39:00 PM »
 :Healing:

Anarchist

« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2019, 07:58:56 AM »

Anarchist

« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2019, 06:28:32 AM »