Author Topic: Random humor  (Read 238 times)

Anarchist

Random humor
« on: March 09, 2024, 02:35:14 AM »
I occasionally see something online that makes me chuckle. A stupid joke. A witty tweet. A funny image. An amusing video.

When I do, I'll post it here. Feel free to do likewise.

Saw this today...

Side note: humor's a tricky thing. I may think something's funny that you think is asinine. Feel free to express your contempt.

That's it for now. Happy Friday.

"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

Nothing that requires the labor of others is a basic human right.

I keep a stiff upper lip and shoot from the hip. - AC/DC

Vijaya

Re: Random humor
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 03:34:28 AM »
Reminds me of a little book: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Author of over 100 books and magazine pieces, primarily for children
Vijaya Bodach | Personal Blog | Bodach Books

The following users thanked this post: Anarchist

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 06:05:12 AM »
I don't care for Woody Allen at all, but I'll admit that was a cute joke.   :)
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

Sailor Stone

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 01:13:29 AM »
I don't care for Woody Allen at all, but I'll admit that was a cute joke.   :)

Try his movie, Midnight in Paris. It is custom made for artists/writers. Owen Wilson is excellent in it and Corey Stoll is incredible as Ernest Hemingway.

Anarchist

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 04:24:59 AM »
I don't care for Woody Allen at all...

He's not my cup of tea, either. That said, I enjoyed Midnight in Paris and Match Point.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

PJ Post

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2024, 01:48:25 AM »

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Tanyard, Anarchist

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2024, 04:28:59 AM »

I actually think it looks more like olive oil.

As a fan of olive oil, I choose to believe that's what it is.

Now we just need some butter, some fresh garlic, etc.   :ices_angel_g:

Anarchist

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 03:30:24 AM »
I launched a series of books aimed at teenagers last week.

Managed to hit three of the little sh*ts.

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Tanyard, PJ Post, LilyBLily

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2024, 04:40:17 AM »
I launched a series of books aimed at teenagers last week.

Managed to hit three of the little sh*ts.

Were you subsequently booked by the police?
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Tanyard, Anarchist

LilyBLily

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2024, 10:35:06 AM »
Midnight in Paris almost made me forgive Paris for being so awful the only time I went there. Maybe I'll give it another try someday.

The following users thanked this post: Anarchist, Sailor Stone

Hopscotch

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2024, 01:31:45 AM »
Midnight in Paris almost made me forgive Paris for being so awful the only time I went there. Maybe I'll give it another try someday.

Shocked and horrified to hear that!  I never had a bad time or a bad meal in Paris and I barely speak tourist French.  In Paris last January, I stumbled out of a bitter cold street to grab some warmth in what we in less civilized places call a "burger joint."  My appalled daughter cried out of WhatsApp, "Don't tell me you're eating hamburgers in Paris!?"  Yep, and they were pure GOAT.  What better proof of Paris' perfection?  Give Paris another try.  Woody wasn't wrong there.
. .

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2024, 12:38:33 PM »
 :angel:

The following users thanked this post: PJ Post, Anarchist

Anarchist

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2024, 08:50:18 AM »