Author Topic: 50+ words a day...no matter what!  (Read 308798 times)

Post-Crisis D

Re: 50+ words a day...no matter what!
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2018, 08:23:15 AM »
Slight improvement over yesterday with 435 words today.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

LMareeApps

« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2018, 09:40:04 AM »
1077 words yesterday.  Maybe 2 chapters left to write for this story  :banana:
Genres: Romance and Erotica

The following users thanked this post: Robin

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2018, 04:55:50 AM »
Got about 500 finished this morning.  Hope to do more tonight!  :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2018, 08:17:02 AM »
Just finished 600 words.  Things did not go as planned.  Got to figure out how to get it back on track.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2018, 09:14:11 AM »
Just finished 600 words.  Things did not go as planned.  Got to figure out how to get it back on track.

Some of my best plot twists happen that way!  :angel:

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2018, 09:15:44 AM »
Just finished 800 words.  Back on track.  This chapter is another long one.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2018, 09:26:08 AM »
750 words, but hope to get more done tomorrow! 

:catrun

ImaWriter

« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2018, 12:52:58 PM »
I need to do a better job of remembering to post!

1914 today.

Kyra Halland

« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2018, 02:49:02 PM »
530 words, late in the day. My main task today was taking two small scenes that weren't working in the novel I'm revising right now and totally rewriting them into one big scene that I think does what it's supposed to. Added 700 words there. So my brain was pretty fried, but I still managed those 500+ new words on the other project.

Strong women, honorable men, worlds of magic

Kyra Halland | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Genres: Epic Romantic Fantasy; Western Fantasy

diisha392

« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2018, 03:33:40 AM »
Over 50 words written today for the first time since the middle of the week.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2018, 08:21:29 AM »
Just finished 105 words.  I feel like this book is becoming too dialogue heavy though.

Angstriddengoddess

« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2018, 10:34:30 AM »
1034. Finally had to stop trying to make it perfect and just sprint  :catrun but hey, the words are on the page.
If you're not part of the solution,
you're part of the precipitate.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2018, 10:41:13 AM »
Wrote 330 today and they did more than just talk.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2018, 10:41:51 AM »
By the way, is it bad if the same character dies three times in the same chapter?

ImaWriter

« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2018, 12:21:11 PM »
By the way, is it bad if the same character dies three times in the same chapter?

I think that entirely depends on your genre.   Grin

Only 223 today. I hate flu season.  :icon_redface: Holy fever, batman.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2018, 10:50:39 AM »
Just finished writing 215 words.  More action, less dialogue.  But, at some point, they're going to have to tell their friend he's dead.  Maybe tomorrow.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2018, 12:16:11 PM »
1400 words this afternoon and maybe a few more tonight.  I'm so far behind and Halloween is a week from tomorrow!

ImaWriter

« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2018, 01:47:24 PM »
3658 for the day.

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2018, 03:28:29 AM »
3658 for the day.

Now THAT is a good day! Congrats  :clap:

I'm at about 2k so far, but need to get more done tonight.

The following users thanked this post: ImaWriter

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2018, 08:14:36 AM »
Only 160 today but it felt like more.

I'm at 7,107 words for the month so far.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2018, 11:38:10 AM »
Only 160 today but it felt like more.

I'm at 7,107 words for the month so far.

Congrats!  :cheers

ImaWriter

« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2018, 01:33:31 PM »
3553 today.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2018, 11:04:37 AM »
Wrote 140 words today.  One character is in the process of informing the other about his death.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2018, 07:07:34 AM »
Wrote 255 words today.  Death notice still in progress.

Kyra Halland

« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2018, 08:36:26 AM »
1500 words last night. It was the big crisis scene in this novella (prequel to a series). The protagonist got his heart broken, and he's about to make a decision that, while a very bad decision, is also the only honorable thing he can do. It's also the decision that kickstarts the conflict for the series proper. So, big, important scene, one that I've been working over in my head for a long time now. It was actually kind of fun to write.

Strong women, honorable men, worlds of magic

Kyra Halland | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Genres: Epic Romantic Fantasy; Western Fantasy

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2018, 09:15:31 AM »
Just finished 300 words.  How often can the same character die in a single scene?

WasAnn

« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2018, 10:22:33 AM »
Though I didn't get eve 50 works for well over a week. Didn't even touch the next WIP while I celebrated the completion of another. I broke my streak of do-nothing a few days ago.

Had one already well begun and already plotted in my evil little head.

Wed: 3K+ words
Thurs: 8K+ words
Fri: Just shy of 8K words
Sat: Edited 30K, wrote 5K+

Whoot! My streak should end soonish, but I'll celebrate it while I can.

Science Fiction is my game.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2018, 10:23:22 AM »
420 words, but the big news is I FINALLY figured out how to open the 'magic' book!   :cheers

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2018, 11:32:00 AM »
420 words, but the big news is I FINALLY figured out how to open the 'magic' book!   :cheers

Was it in a solid metal box?

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2018, 04:42:38 AM »

Was it in a solid metal box?

No, but it does have some power of its own.  LOL

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2018, 08:26:59 AM »
Wrote 250 words today.  Now they're arguing over bear or bare naked women.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2018, 06:47:37 AM »
1200 yesterday and 500 at lunch today!  :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2018, 08:39:02 AM »
Just finished 465 words.  Worried about the amount of dialogue though.

If I can somehow manage 1,483 words over the next two days, I'll be at 10,000 words for the month.  Or, as Amanda M. Lee calls it, Tuesday.   :hehe

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2018, 06:34:38 AM »
Wrote 1,005 words today.  Just need to write 478 words tomorrow to hit 10k for the month.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2018, 06:32:46 AM »
I wrote 480 words today, which puts me at 10,002 words for the month.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2018, 02:18:04 AM »
Edited and about 75 words yesterday.  Hope to get more done today!  Did not make my Halloween deadline, but the end is in sight.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2018, 08:28:41 AM »
Off to a good start.  The first day of October, I wrote 75 words.  Today, the first day of November, I wrote 330 words.

This is a long chapter though.  I think around 3,500 words.  And a lot.  Of.  Dialogue.  Also, I need to remember to find beta readers since I haven't been in contact with my previous beta readers for over a year.  Or more.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2018, 10:28:54 AM »
Off to a good start.  The first day of October, I wrote 75 words.  Today, the first day of November, I wrote 330 words.

This is a long chapter though.  I think around 3,500 words.  And a lot.  Of.  Dialogue.  Also, I need to remember to find beta readers since I haven't been in contact with my previous beta readers for over a year.  Or more.

Dan, you are on a roll!   :goodpost:

The following users thanked this post: Post-Crisis D

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2018, 08:10:14 AM »
Today I wrote 325 words.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #139 on: November 04, 2018, 12:29:47 PM »
Only 305 words today.

Is it wrong that I keep going until my word count is a multiple of 5?  It just makes the math a little easier.  LOL.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2018, 10:40:35 AM »
Only 255 words today, but finally made it to one of the scenes that I've had in mind probably since I first started writing this story, so I'll have that scene to do for tomorrow.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2018, 10:42:13 AM »
And what's going on with everyone else who used to participate in this thread?  Have they graduated to the 2k a day thread and left us behind?

RappaDizzy

« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2018, 11:21:46 AM »
And what's going on with everyone else who used to participate in this thread?  Have they graduated to the 2k a day thread and left us behind?

Maybe it was too dialogue heavy.  :hehe

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2018, 09:48:43 AM »
Only wrote 115 words today, including editing the current chapter.

Maybe it was too dialogue heavy.  :hehe

Indeed.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2018, 10:12:16 AM »
Just finished writing 655 words for today which brings me to 1985 words for the month so far.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2018, 10:44:11 AM »
Only 260 words written today, he wrote to himself given the conspicuous absence of everyone else.  Reached the end of Act One which is where my outline ended.  Now to outline Act Two and get moving on that.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2018, 09:32:43 AM »
Wrote 445 words today.  The adventure begins.  Well, Act Two, that is.  To outline it or not outline it, that is the question.  At any rate, I'm already 445 words into writing it.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2018, 09:01:30 AM »
Wrote 1,110 words today.  One day, I may be able to write in a week the same number of words Amanda M. Lee writes while flossing her teeth.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2018, 10:11:35 AM »
Well done, Dan!  I've been doing some research, but back to writing this weekend.  :tap

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2018, 09:50:18 AM »
Only 150 words written today.  I really need to map out Act Two a bit.

Or maybe I'll just wing it.