Author Topic: 50+ words a day...no matter what!  (Read 308844 times)

Lorri Moulton

Re: 50+ words a day...no matter what!
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2018, 04:31:44 AM »
630 words this morning!  Hoping to find time to get some more finished tonight.

:catrun

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

LMareeApps

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2018, 09:00:39 AM »
I managed 1766 yesterday which included a blurb re-write and the final scene of a short story that ended up being almost twice the length it was supposed to be.
Genres: Romance and Erotica

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2018, 12:49:54 PM »
Just finished 320 words.  Not to the second death yet.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

Captain Cranky

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2018, 08:32:32 PM »
No words on my wip today, but worked on my plot. All hand written so at a guess a couple of thousand words maybe? The scene I have been working on went in a slightly different direction than I planned which inspired some new stuff.

Have a lot on tomorrow so not sure I'll be able to write, we'll see.
If you dare nothing, then when the day is over nothing is all you will have gained. -Neil Gaiman

diisha392

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2018, 12:27:41 PM »
64 words

64 words that almost didn't happen but I wanted to keep my writing every day streak alive, so I pulled up the Word doc and just one sentence turned into several :)

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2018, 12:33:38 PM »
I wrote 112 today.

And I'm only counting words in one WIP.  Not doing the math and counting both.  LOL.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."

Captain Cranky

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2018, 11:00:04 PM »
11.58 pm and I just managed to slip in 176 words. Not much, but better than nothing.
If you dare nothing, then when the day is over nothing is all you will have gained. -Neil Gaiman

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2018, 01:10:41 AM »
I only got 57 words yesterday...but I did get something done.  Hoping to do better today!  :writethink:

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

Kate Elizabeth

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2018, 01:21:02 AM »
I've hit 62 so far this morning.  I forget to post, so I'm trying to do it now before I forget again.

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2018, 03:11:28 AM »
I wrote like 700 yesterday. That's pretty low for me. I'm struggling to focus lately. My motivation is not that great. I'd love to get back up to cruising speed, which is like 3-4k a day.

LMareeApps

« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2018, 10:31:56 AM »
Yesterday I managed 106 words. I'm still gonna  :dance: because I didn't want to write but made myself do something anyway.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2018, 11:33:16 AM »
1500 words today!   :smilie_zauber:

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2018, 12:09:05 PM »
I wrote over 100 words today.  I'm thinking 117 but I don't remember.

diisha392

« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2018, 12:12:14 PM »
102 words today. I was going to stop but when I counted the words and realized I was at 95, I figured I could go one more sentence.

ImaWriter

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2018, 10:11:00 PM »
Forgot to post last night. About 850 words yesterday.

Captain Cranky

« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2018, 10:42:46 PM »
207 words.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2018, 03:01:34 PM »
Today was very busy, but finished 85 words and now I'm calling it a night. Hope to do more tomorrow morning!  :angel:

RCoots

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2018, 08:37:33 PM »
After a few very slow days (thank you migraines, SO much help), I plunked myself down and got 2.4k last night. *does the dance of words* Whoohoo!

Unfortunately, this means my goal of finishing the book by 90k is once again a pipe dream. Looks like i'm on track for another 100k+ book *faceplant*

Captain Cranky

« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2018, 10:59:25 PM »
288 words on current wip. It was excruciating and frankly, crap.

Onwards and upwards.

LilyBLily

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2018, 06:08:04 AM »
I just read an inspirational article about word goals: Instead of 50 words, how about two sentences? Sounds much more doable to me.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2018, 07:18:38 AM »

It was actually 127.

Yesterday I wrote 259 words.

Today I wrote 1,600 words.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2018, 10:52:09 AM »

It was actually 127.

Yesterday I wrote 259 words.

Today I wrote 1,600 words.

Nice!  :clap:

ImaWriter

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2018, 01:33:42 PM »
1,772 for me today.

LMareeApps

« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2018, 01:41:20 PM »
216 yesterday  :banana:

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2018, 03:37:36 AM »
You are all doing so well!  I'm really inspired to see how much success everyone is having each day.

I did not write anything yesterday.  My kitty lost his fight to cancer early in the morning...holding on weeks longer than expected.  He was a very sweet and very tough little guy. 

The following users thanked this post: Rose Andrews

NCB

« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2018, 03:51:05 AM »
You are all doing so well!  I'm really inspired to see how much success everyone is having each day.

I did not write anything yesterday.  My kitty lost his fight to cancer early in the morning...holding on weeks longer than expected.  He was a very sweet and very tough little guy. 

Feel for you there, that is the loss of a family member and horrible. I lost two in three months a few years ago and it was gut wrenching.

This thread however was a good find, three days of 2000+ words and a real roll hit the buffers today. Lots of staring at a screen and I think around 200 words committed. Feel a little better now though, and there's tomorrow to come.

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2018, 08:40:28 AM »

Sorry to hear about your kitty.  Lost one to lung cancer a couple years ago.  Well, technically, the vet killed her.  (Not euthanasia.)  Still irks me.  Running total is one to massive heart attack, two to kidney failure (one long term, one short term), one to diabetes and one to lung cancer (idiot vet (imho)).

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2018, 09:01:42 AM »
Only 250 today, unless I write more later.  LOL.  Nope.  Only 250 today.

Captain Cranky

« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2018, 11:41:12 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that, Lorri  :icon_cry: I agree with it being gut wrenching, our animals are our family, it's never easy. Hugs to you  :heart:

diisha392

« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2018, 01:18:11 PM »

*hugs*

Captain Cranky

« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2018, 06:25:33 PM »
So forgot to post yesterday. I got some writing done, but it was personal stuff, not on my wip.

No actual words on my draft today either, but lots of writing in trying to figure out why I'm spinning my wheels, and working through the plot inconsistencies. It's still writing I guess, geared towards the final goal.  :shrug

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2018, 03:18:41 AM »
Finished 700 words last night.  Hoping to do that well today!    :Healing:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 12:56:52 AM by Lorri Moulton »

LMareeApps

« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2018, 09:39:29 AM »
1422 yesterday (partly to make up for the 0 the day before).
Sorry to hear about your kitty, Lorri

Rose Andrews

• Short Story unlocked
  • Historical Western & 20th Century Romance
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2018, 10:04:21 AM »

I'm sorry! It's such a terrible thing losing a furry babe. Hugs and much love to you.  :heart:
20th Century & Western Historical Romance
Rose Historicals Website | Pinterest | Instagram

diisha392

« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2018, 11:39:26 AM »
77 words today since I can't count the words written in lesson plans   :icon_eek:

ImaWriter

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2018, 12:44:34 PM »
Lorri, so sorry to hear about your cat.  { Hug }

1,057 words today.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2018, 01:56:58 PM »
Only 22 words today.  I may be kicked out of the thread.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2018, 12:56:20 AM »
Only 22 words today.  I may be kicked out of the thread.

It's been a rough week.  We'll both try to do better today.  :tap

LMareeApps

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2018, 08:09:28 AM »
372 words yesterday  :dance:

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2018, 08:20:36 AM »
Wrote 130 words today.  Woot?

NCB

« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2018, 08:47:42 AM »
1248 today, and to be honest pretty disapointed with myself. Procrastination ruled today but when I eventually got to it things were productive.

I have a meeting in the morning but am determined to make amends tomorrow afternoon.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2018, 10:15:21 AM »
Only 140 words today.  Approaching the end of Act One and I've killed off a character I probably shouldn't have, which means I need to figure out what's gonna happen in this transitional chapter that takes place before the last chapter of Act One.  Then it's into uncharted territory since I only planned out the story beats of Act One and only a rough idea of Act Two, most of which was committed to memory which is likely mostly lost to the sands of time except for those bits I actually typed up.  At least I know how it all ends.  Had that planned out long ago.  Well, mostly.

But Act Two is where some fun stuff should happen because that's when the characters go on a little adventure while trying to avoid being killed.  Good times.

LMareeApps

« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2018, 11:19:23 AM »
Kicked procrastination's big hairy butt yesterday, with 1544 words  :banana: :banana: :banana:

ImaWriter

« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2018, 12:29:47 PM »
1273 for today.

Kyra Halland

« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2018, 03:41:47 PM »
This is a great approach! I've been using it, though I haven't posted here yet. Right now, my main project is revisions on book 2 of my current series, but I'm also working on the first draft of the next series. By the time I finish my daily quota of revision, I'm pretty wiped out (CFS/ME severely limits my mental and physical energy) but 50 words in the evening, that's easy! I focus more on writing scenes/parts of scenes than word count, and always end up with way more than 50 words. 800+ tonight.

PS: Lorri, I'm so sorry about your kitty. I've lost kitties myself (though none to illness), and they each leave a kitty-shaped hole in your heart.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 03:44:55 PM by Kyra Halland »

Strong women, honorable men, worlds of magic

Kyra Halland | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Genres: Epic Romantic Fantasy; Western Fantasy

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2018, 02:55:50 AM »
I'm back!  Got up early and edited two chapters...then wrote over 1k words.  :writethink:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 03:57:21 AM by Lorri Moulton »

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2018, 09:22:23 AM »
Hit 420 words today.

I think I'm about halfway through this book.

LMareeApps

« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2018, 09:34:54 AM »
874 words yesterday. Going to do some sprints this morning, so today will see a decent word count.

ImaWriter

« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2018, 10:02:03 AM »
I may have my groove back!

3378 today.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2018, 10:08:48 AM »
Wow!  Great job, everyone!   :clap:

The following users thanked this post: LMareeApps