Author Topic: Anyone notice that series panel is disappearing?  (Read 416 times)

WasAnn

Anyone notice that series panel is disappearing?
« on: June 04, 2023, 04:06:23 AM »
Not sure what Zon is up to, but it appears they are (at least) testing the waters of removing the panel of book in a series from book pages, if...and only if...you own the books. If you don't, then an alternate panel shows up telling you how much it will cost to get all the ones you don't have, but not showing the entire series of books full cover.

Given that they've made serious attempts to make all buying options on a page related to an ad someone has paid for, that last vestige of actual helpfulness to a browser is now gone. Yes, they still have series pages, but the only link to it is tiny print under the title near the top that is hyperlinked.

Anyone else seeing this? Is it rolling out on all books?

Science Fiction is my game.

writeway

Re: Anyone notice that series panel is disappearing?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 06:42:44 AM »
I notice when I look on my Amazon Fire or phone it's only the little part telling you to buy the rest of the series. But when I am on my PC or laptop I still see the whole series panel.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 11:17:38 PM »
I don't see a series panel for my own series (which I own). On series books I don't own, I see an icon representing the titles (three covers, might be more in a series with more than three books) and a link to the series page.

It would be better to have a series band, as they did before. However, our primary market for series purchases isn't going to be people who already own it. If I recall correctly, you can only purchase the whole series on the series page, anyway, and since I've gotten some whole-series purchases, I know people will make that extra click to get to the series page.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

alhawke

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 12:39:58 AM »
Wasann, I don't see any change in access to both of your series on my laptop. They come up fine. I haven't checked by phone, like Writeway is saying^

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 03:25:24 AM »
I'm viewing on the computer, but it may be a test, or it may just be a slow rollout.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

WasAnn

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2023, 09:10:56 PM »
I'm thinking it's a test. I clicked on some of you guys' books to see. If it's a book I haven't ever seen before or don't own, I *sometimes* get a series panel, and sometimes see a smaller panel with a few covers stacked with a cost for buying the whole series. For those I own, I see nothing.

Like every other big change, I'm thinking this is a slow rollout to test the changes in customer behavior. I really don't like this change!

Science Fiction is my game.