Author Topic: Anyone have any problem using Skype or Facetime?  (Read 822 times)

Vidya

Anyone have any problem using Skype or Facetime?
« on: January 18, 2020, 07:56:12 PM »
If someone using a cellphone in the US calls to a landline in india, does the recipient in india have to pay too?

I googled and found conflicting results. This says it’s free:

https://www.quora.com/Are-incoming-international-calls-free-in-India-1#

“Yes Incoming International calls are free in India.”

Also read this:

“Are incoming international calls in India free of charge? If no ...
https://www.quora.com/
1 answer
Mar 5, 2018 - As long as you have a local number (obtained in India) with +91 country code …. ... All incoming calls (local/national and international) are free including receiving SMS messages (local/national and international) and this is true with any service provider in any part of India.”

But elsewhere I read we in India get charged. i’m a technophobe and loathe installing and learning how to use new programs. Is it easy to install Skype and use it?

I know I read some complaints about Skype years ago. Anyone have any problem using Skype or Facetime? Are they really totally free, even when someone in the US connects to someone in India?

Are there any better programs? Thanks!

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: Anyone have any problem using Skype or Facetime?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 08:00:20 PM »
Skype should work just fine, and be free.

The only issue might be the net connection speed in India. Might make Skype into a slideshow, or you need to turn off the vid to get good audio.
(Might be I'm out of date too, and it's fine these days.)
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: Vidya