Author Topic: Betabooks  (Read 725 times)

Thorvald Meyers

• Blurb unlocked
  • I'm hoping the first novel is the hardest...
Betabooks
« on: April 04, 2020, 05:40:25 AM »
Looks like good valuable stuff here!

And if anyone wants help organizing their beta readers (possibly including E&P as one of them), I've recently discovered a great tool called BetaBooks.co ...they don't do a beta read for you, they provide an online interface for your beta readers. They click a link that leads them to your BetaBooks.co page and download the manuscript. There is a convenient way for them to click to add feedback as they are going through it if they want to do so.

Meanwhile, not only do you only need to send your ms once (when you post it to your BetaBooks page), you can see when each beta reader downloaded the ms, how far they are in your ms at the moment, and after they have sent you their summary comments at the end, you can either let them keep access to your ms or make it disappear.

I guess most authors using BetaBooks keep their beta ms active for a certain length of time and then expire them all at once, presumably when the revised and edited version is ready to send out to everyone.

BetaBooks doesn't do that part for you.

But it seems like a great solution to the problem I've had, of sending mss to five or six beta readers and feeling like they've all disappeared into the void...

(...and you definitely won't have that "into the void" problem if you just hire E&P to critique it for you! This is for those of us who have qualified friends who have said "yes, please, I'd love to be your beta reader")