Author Topic: Draft2Digital distributes to Borrow Box this month  (Read 962 times)

alhawke

Draft2Digital distributes to Borrow Box this month
« on: June 27, 2021, 02:02:54 AM »
Anyone familiar with Borrow Box? Pros or cons?

LilyBLily

Re: Draft2Digital distributes to Borrow Box this month
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 06:34:19 AM »
Nope, but I signed up.

The following users thanked this post: alhawke

Maggie Ann

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 10:20:42 AM »
I signed up. I don't think there is anything to lose and some of the non-selling vendors (at least for me) have started to show a few sales.

alhawke

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 01:26:45 PM »
Nope, but I signed up.
Same with me. It looked safe so I joined too.

Pemry Janes

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 04:30:43 PM »
I'd never heard of them, but if it gets me some more exposure I'm for it so I signed up.
Genre: Fantasy

alhawke

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 12:23:15 AM »
It's amusing how we all sign up without knowing much about them. We trust Draft2Digital, I suppose.

From the little I researched, the platform has thousands of reviews online and is popular. I wonder how they compare with Overdrive? Overdrive is the only successful library service so far for my titles--with a dash of Hoopla from one title accepted. Borrow Box seems very e-friendly. They limit borrows for 14 days. They also allow borrowing audiobooks.

There are so many library platforms out there but I, personally, don't use any of them for reading myself.

LilyBLily

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 02:10:07 AM »
I would use them if my local library system were hooked up to them. At one time I could get free foreign language lessons through the local library, and I worked on my very rusty German. Stood me in good stead in Vienna when the occasional person there did not speak English. I could say clearly that I did not speak German!