Author Topic: Putting my historical history series in KU soon  (Read 883 times)

JRTomlin

Putting my historical history series in KU soon
« on: July 27, 2021, 07:53:06 AM »
I haven't had anything in KU for a couple of years, but since mysteries do well there, I think I'll my that one historical mystery series back in. I'll still keep my regular historical fiction out. With the extremely low per page pay in KU I just lose too much money with those there.

Anyhoo, any suggestions for marketing books in KU? I have lost track of the best way of getting those some visibility.

Wonder

Re: Putting my historical history series in KU soon
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 10:39:57 AM »
If you run AMS ads you can target your book one against comparable ASINs that are also in KU. Search for similar series and target those books directly. You won’t get tons of clicks but relevance should be high.

Also, promo newsletters like Freebooksy work just fine for KU titles.

Good luck! 🙂

notthatamanda

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 11:54:14 AM »
Use the free KU days once a quarter on book 1. You'll lose the ranks on book 1 when it reverts back to paid, but if you have a good readthrough the increased ranks on books 2 and beyond should keep the series visible and keep the KU reads going.

JRTomlin

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 02:05:20 PM »
That is probably the best way to go. Thanks.

notthatamanda

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 08:45:43 PM »
Good luck.

VanessaC

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 01:34:42 AM »
Agree with the free days on book 1, and newsletter promos - I always find page reads go up after that.

The other thing you can try is kindle countdown deals on the later books in the series (I think David Gaughran might have a video up on that on YouTube) but essentially it gives you paid sales of later books, and depending on your timing / discounts you may get people buying the whole series.

Of course, countdown deals are not available world-wide, so it may depend on where your audience is.

Good luck.

Genre: Fantasy