Author Topic: Okay, another AMS mystery  (Read 1684 times)

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
Okay, another AMS mystery
« on: April 02, 2019, 10:48:33 AM »
This is the second or third time this has happened in the last couple of weeks and I'm baffled by it. One of my ads has just gone Out Of Budget. Now the mystery. I have the budget set to $2 per day. Yeah, big spender, I know. The thing is, there have only been two clicks for a grand total of 87 cents. How the hell can it be out of budget? And this is not the first time.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

notthatamanda

Re: Okay, another AMS mystery
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 11:44:10 AM »
If you click on it, it will say out or almost out of budget.  I get it all the time too.  They don't want me to miss out on potential sales, I mean clicks. Awfully kind of them.  What did they recommend for new budget?

LilyBLily

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 01:15:31 PM »
Ignore it. Many times, I have received that message and raised my budget. But it's all FOMO (fear of missing out) and not reality. Those additional sales never materialize. Meanwhile, Amazon gets to spend more of my money.

As for the ways in which Amazon calculates anything to do with AMS/AA ads, it's best not to look too closely. The numbers seldom make sense.

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 01:46:34 PM »
If you click on it, it will say out or almost out of budget.  I get it all the time too.  They don't want me to miss out on potential sales, I mean clicks. Awfully kind of them.  What did they recommend for new budget?

They would like it if I would increase the budget from $2 to $5 a day. Yeah, not right now, thank you very much. When they start getting boatloads of sales, I'll be happy to put some of that back as ad money.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

notthatamanda

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 08:25:04 PM »
They would like it if I would increase the budget from $2 to $5 a day. Yeah, not right now, thank you very much. When they start getting boatloads of sales, I'll be happy to put some of that back as ad money.

If you have a lot of keywords you can disable the ones that are getting clicks but no sales.  You can readjust the bids on the individual keywords at anytime as well.  As always - YMMV, am prawn, etc, etc and so forth.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 03:01:29 AM »
I get emails almost every day about how my ads or out of budget or nearly so. It didn't take me long to start ignoring them.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter