Author Topic: Show us your vanity shelf  (Read 3128 times)

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
Show us your vanity shelf
« on: November 01, 2018, 01:33:36 AM »
We all have them. That shelf where we showcase our books, for all the world to see. Well, all the world we allow into our personal space. What does yours look like?

I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

YouMeWe

Re: Show us your vanity shelf
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 01:37:58 AM »
I don't have one. I've never done print.  :shrug
Pleez scoose n e errers, eyes lerrnin diktashun.

Eric Thomson

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 01:38:48 AM »
We all have them.

Nope.  Not all.  I don't have a nice line up of my printed books.  I may have the odd copy kicking around because I couldn't palm it off on a relative.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 01:41:28 AM »
Nice shelf. Mine's a bit messy at the moment. It needs reorganizing badly but that's way down on my list.

munboy

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 01:56:36 AM »
Mine's tossed on the bookcases with the rest of the family's books. It's a huge mess because we haven't taken the time to make them nice and neat because I plan on taking down the bookcase in a box and building some permanent shelves...just have to find the time. :doh:

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 02:10:34 AM »
I haven't done print yet either (for books) so no shelf for me.

I have done my newsletter for thirty-four years and I do have print copies for those, but I keep those stored in a folder which is in a plastic bag (which might be in a second plastic bag) which is in a secure location.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

Robin

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 02:33:47 AM »
Nice shelf!

I don't have any paperbacks of my stuff either. I'm proud of my work but I'm not entirely sure I would put them on display if I did have them...

Pandorra

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 02:36:08 AM »
I have paperbacks but haven't bought copies yet.. lol

Dean Rencraft | Authors in Motion

Simon Haynes

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 03:11:57 AM »
Mine are all boxed up at the moment.

I used to keep a paperback of each edition, but recently I've been a bit slack about it.

The Doctor

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2018, 03:24:04 AM »
Nope, I don't have one, though I do have printed books.

Genre: Weird Fiction | Science Fiction | Fantasy | Horror |
Gayle Ramage Website

Rick Partlow

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 03:28:20 AM »
Don't have a shelf yet...we're remodeling.  But I usually keep them on the coffee table.

Tonyonline

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 04:04:51 AM »
I have a couple of each in a cupboard, which saves me having to climb up in to the loft when I need to give them out to various people. They're kept in a cupboard because I don't want to look at them!...Why? I just don't want to see them, I've seen them up to the point I'm tired of looking at them.

Rosie Scott

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 08:25:52 AM »
All of my paperbacks sit horizontally in a stack on the edge of my non-fiction history/war bookshelf. I'm not including a picture because it's pretty unorganized.  :icon_mrgreen: I can't keep my books sitting pretty on a shelf because I pick them up to read too often and some are so long that it's a waste of good shelf space if it's rarely used. Thus, I reserve the space for other books that aren't as well-loved and keep mine out. I've thought about using them as door stoppers (the last two are 731 pages), but they're just too pretty to go on the floor.  :icon_redface:

I like the coffee table idea, Rick! I'll have to consider something like this. We don't use our coffee table anyway, but I'd be afraid the cats would knock the books down, and I try to keep them in pristine condition.

Fantasy/sci-fi. Writer of bloody warfare & witty banter. Provoker of questions.
Rosie Scott | Website | Release Mailing List

Michelle Louring

• Novella unlocked
  • The owl is pure evil. Don't let him fool you.
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 04:52:16 PM »
I got two of the picture shelves you can get at IKEA above my television, with my books standing on them with the covers facing out.
I might not talk a lot about being a writer to my friends, but I make sure they notice whenever they visit  :hehe

Crazy owl lady. I also occasionally write Fantasy books, but the owl is really all anyone cares about.

https://michellelouring.com/

The following users thanked this post: dgcasey

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 05:20:29 PM »
I got two of the picture shelves you can get at IKEA above my television, with my books standing on them with the covers facing out.
I might not talk a lot about being a writer to my friends, but I make sure they notice whenever they visit  :hehe

:tup3b
I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

Vijaya

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2018, 12:25:39 AM »
Oooh nice!

Here's mine:

And a newer picture with Bound:

Author of over 100 books and magazine pieces, primarily for children
Vijaya Bodach | Personal Blog | Bodach Books

ragdoll

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2018, 01:38:45 AM »

I like the coffee table idea, Rick!

I have a different coffee table idea, but it wouldn't work for you since you access yours a lot. If it's display only, a hinged glass coffee table with recessed space to display them with the cover up.

I have about 20 paperback editions, or more. But I only order a copy to make sure it comes out okay and only when there's a real possibility it might not (generally a question re cover art and colors/contrast).

Joe Vasicek

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2018, 12:11:46 PM »
Currently all boxed. I have very limited shelf space and prefer to use it for the many books I have yet to read.

Someday, though…

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2018, 08:16:20 PM »
Currently all boxed. I have very limited shelf space and prefer to use it for the many books I have yet to read.

All the books i want to read are currently housed on my cell phone.   Grin