Author Topic: No series pages on UK or Aus stores?  (Read 1208 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
No series pages on UK or Aus stores?
« on: February 28, 2021, 02:42:00 PM »
Anyone know why there are no series pages on the UK or Aus stores?

Have they never had any?

Or did they vanish when the new series facility came in?
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

cecilia_writer

Re: No series pages on UK or Aus stores?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 06:45:34 PM »
I've had series pages for years (UK) - just checked and they seem to be still there. Or maybe I'm the only one who can see mine or something.
Cecilia Peartree - Woman of Mystery

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 07:54:04 PM »
I just did some checking.

4th series on UK is missing 9-12.

5th series on UK is missing 7.

Other 3 series seem to be fine.

But no series at all on AUS.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

cecilia_writer

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 08:17:28 PM »
That's very weird, though there was a spell when it didn't seem to be automatically adding new books to the series page - that was cured (for the UK) when the new series thing came along and you could add them yourself. I've looked at the Australia results for my  21 book series and there isn't a series page at all. But I can't say I've ever checked that outt before.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 08:22:24 PM »
That's very weird, though there was a spell when it didn't seem to be automatically adding new books to the series page - that was cured (for the UK) when the new series thing came along and you could add them yourself. I've looked at the Australia results for my  21 book series and there isn't a series page at all. But I can't say I've ever checked that outt before.

The new series thing doesn't appear to be working for the UK. The ones missing are the ones since the new facility came in.

I put in a 'fix this' note to KDP, and noticed that only US, UK, and DE stores have series pages. I asked for AUS ones as well.

It's no wonder my sales in Aus are less than 5% of my total, when the store doesn't display the full series at all. It's too hard for people who discover the latest book to go back and buy the previous ones.

notthatamanda

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 12:48:53 AM »
Checked the UK store.

The trilogies which had the series pages set up years ago are okay. The new one, that I set up the series page via author central is not.

Another issue - my permafrees aren't free in the UK anymore. I should check the other stores but I need to cool off first.

Permafrees not free in Canada or Australia either.  :HB
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 12:55:14 AM by notthatamanda »

Simon Haynes

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 01:46:18 AM »
Aus and Canada have never had series pages.

cecilia_writer

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 03:22:15 AM »
All my 21 books in the series are correctly appearing on the UK site but the 20th took almost forever to be added to the series, and I added the 21st myself as the series thingy had come along by then.

notthatamanda

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 03:42:26 AM »
Anyone else having permafree issues?

cecilia_writer

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2021, 03:47:35 AM »
Anyone else having permafree issues?

Just checked in the UK - mine all seem to be showing as free at this moment, but I see there's a sale on my sales report for one of them some time this month (thanks - I hadn't noticed that - definitely something to watch).