Author Topic: Help --- my readers cant download my book  (Read 1256 times)

idontknowyet

Help --- my readers cant download my book
« on: May 06, 2021, 04:00:27 AM »
Help what do i do?

My book released 5/1 and i've had zero page reads. Which is odd because this is in the middle of the series that is getting decent read through. All of the sudden i went front 10k reads the first couple of days from the last book to zero pg reads this release.

So I asked a friend to download my book and see if reports are glitching and i just need to be patient.

Turns out in the US market she cant get the book to download.  Which is currently where 100% of my readership is.

Where/How do i put in a ticket to fix this?

Wonder

Re: Help --- my readers cant download my book
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 05:39:12 AM »
Have your friend document (with screenshots if possible) exactly what it looks like on her end, then log into KDP and click the help button to open a support ticket. Send them an email asking them to look into it.

Good luck!

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet

RPatton

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 06:02:29 AM »
Help what do i do?

My book released 5/1 and i've had zero page reads. Which is odd because this is in the middle of the series that is getting decent read through. All of the sudden i went front 10k reads the first couple of days from the last book to zero pg reads this release.

So I asked a friend to download my book and see if reports are glitching and i just need to be patient.

Turns out in the US market she cant get the book to download.  Which is currently where 100% of my readership is.

Where/How do i put in a ticket to fix this?

I would bypass an email and request a call right away. This is a big deal and the phone support is usually much better and more knowledgeable.

alhawke

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 06:32:06 AM »
Yeah, if you're in the US, call. It works better than emailing for something like this.

Sometimes glitches have occurred where people I know weren't able to purchase a book (many times from app vs web and so forth). It usually fixes in time. But I'd contact them. Good luck.

idontknowyet

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 11:13:30 AM »
I ended up having her call. I figured they would work faster for a customer than an author. (usually they run me around in circles and dont help until i give up).

Took a while. About an hour later it downloaded.

I'm worried about all the people that tried to download it and it didn't work. Did i lose them as readers? Will they try again? That would hurt to lose all those readers.

Thanks all!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 11:29:38 AM by idontknowyet »

VanessaC

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 11:58:12 PM »
Amazon had an issue with this sometime last year as I recall - definitely an issue at their end, not with any particular books. It got sorted. I had at least one reader email me direct, and at least i was able to say it was an Amazon issue, and to be patient.

Also, this might seem a silly point, but have you double-checked that the book is enrolled in KDP Select? (I only ask because someone - who may or may not have been me - has made the mistake before of not double checking the box was ticked ...)

Genre: Fantasy

idontknowyet

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 05:30:33 AM »
Yes. I even downloaded it via KU to make sure it was after my reader said it was fixed.

I had one whole read come through after that. Then silence again.

It's terrifying me that i might have lost so many readers.

RPatton

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2021, 08:04:27 AM »
Yes. I even downloaded it via KU to make sure it was after my reader said it was fixed.

I had one whole read come through after that. Then silence again.

It's terrifying me that i might have lost so many readers.

Send out a quick newsletter. "I recently learned there was a problem with downloading my latest release. The hamsters took a break from running their on their wheels and something went wrong on Amazon's end. But it's all fixed now, I swear! If you tried to download my book and had problems, give it a try now. And if you haven't gotten it yet, it's available on Amazon and KU!"